Active Topics

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ San Diego, CA
OK so heres what happened
I was listening to music on my N900 when it suddenly rebooted. After reboot I get a message saying "device storage format unsupported".

When i go to settings -> memory, under device it says "(memory card corrupted)". Note this is the internal memory card. I am not using an external memory card.

I have already tried reflashing but to no avail. As in I successfully reflashed the device but I still get the same errors. I tried to reformat the N900 while it is connected to my PC but I can't do so.

Now heres the weird thing. When the device if OFF and i hook it up to my PC, everything works as it should be for about 10 seconds.

I can even see all my original files

After about 10 seconds I am not able to access anything.

It sounds like theres one corrupt file thats screwing everything up for me. Can someone please help? Id rather not have to send it in for a replacement.

is there any way i can perhaps wipe the rootfs partition?

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
As like you said it seems like you have a corrupted file that's messing everything up.. I would start removing files until it works?

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Can you access your folders? or that Please insert a dick into Nokia N900 error msg?

I can access the files only for about 10 seconds then I have to unplug and replug the device to my PC

anything that you recently install from Extra Devel ?

Originally Posted by joesphle View Post
anything that you recently install from Extra Devel ?
nope i highly doubt that caused it. I dont remember installing anything in the past few days. And I have rebooted the device earlier today. It most likely had something to do with mplayer freezing up then suddenly the device rebooting.

OK so i've tried deleting everything i can through my pc. I'm guessing theres a corrupt file on the rootfs partition. Does anyone have an idea what file it might be or how I might be able to fix this? Looks like I'm gonna have to replace the device at this point =/

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wichita, KS
ktchiu, have you tried flashing your emmc using vanilla then flash to the latest firmware? Do not this will wipe out everything in your MyDoc directory, so try to copy out important files before you proceed.

Originally Posted by hwong_pz View Post
ktchiu, have you tried flashing your emmc using vanilla then flash to the latest firmware? Do not this will wipe out everything in your MyDoc directory, so try to copy out important files before you proceed.
I get this error when i try flashing with emmc:

~/Downloads$ sudo flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.41-1.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R
flasher v2.5.2 (Oct 21 2009)

Image 'mmc', size 241163 kB
Version RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.41-1.VANILLA
Suitable USB device not found, waiting.
USB device found found at bus 001, device address 019.
Found device RX-51, hardware revision 2101
NOLO version 1.4.14
Version of 'sw-release': RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1.002_PR_002
Booting device into flash mode.
Suitable USB device not found, waiting.
USB device found found at bus 001, device address 020.
Raw data transfer EP found at EP2.
SU_GET_UPDATE_STATUS_REQ terminated with error code 1.