Active Topics

buy from china more cheaper.. it like 10 usd to get 8 anti glare screen protector )

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Maemomd View Post
So this is the phone next to the pouch. Since the wife purchased this for me, I keep it contained in the pouch, and so far, so good. Any type of skin you install whether it be Skinomi, Zagg, etc., will accumulate dust unless you put it in a pouch.<SNIP>
Thank-you for the very thorough write-up!

I think I'll ditch the stock case & use one which also covers (or better protects) the screen.
It must be easy to remove the screen cover or it should not impede interaction with the screen.
It must also be very slim-line with the body of the phone, like the stock case.
It should be well cut so that things that need exposure aren't impeded & are easily accessible.
Ideally (but not imperative) it should also enable me to attach a belt-clip.

In my lengthy quest to find the perfect case (for me) for my N900, I recall settling on a otterbox.
I don't see anything for the N9 from them yet, I do hope they release something soon.

I do like the idea of a protector, so I'll probably also get the skinomi or another make/model.
Not sure about full-body though, seems kinda redundant once one has a decent case.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
jalyst - did you manage to get a white N9? I must have missed the announcement as i was very eager to see the most enthused TMO become a proud owner!

No I have a cyan ATM, white on the way but

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
No I have a cyan ATM, white on the way but
Congratulations!

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
In my lengthy quest to find the perfect case (for me) for my N900, I recall settling on a otterbox.
I don't see anything for the N9 from them yet, I do hope they release something soon.

My colleague and I had the otterbox for the N900, I really liked it...but...we both ditched it...b/c it wasn't airtight, at least not as airtight as the stock N9 case...mind you, I have to take my N9 out of its stock case once a month to clean it, but the otterbox...I was taking it out way too often b/c particles/debris was getting in...I ended up getting sick of taking that case apart all the time...over the years of multiple phones, I have found that the protector and a pouch are my way to keep it protected and clean of debris...but this isn't everyone's optimal way...

My advice to you is if you decide on otterbox or another case, it wouldn't be a bad idea to do the whole body wrap then, to protect the phone from scratches from the debris inside the actual case itself that gets collected over time. I wrapped a Sensation for my buddy, and then he put it in a case, which he never takes it out of...the other day, he took it out of the case in front of me, and wow...it was nasty...we both observed that without the wrap, the device would have been badly scratched up from all the crap from the case itself, in that way, I have found cases to be double edged swords if you want to keep your device in new condition. Since I use one myself, I do clean it though.

Since your new white N9 will have a more 'delicate' finish to my black one, the wrap itself will actually match the finish better as well, and make sure the finish doesn't get all scratched up from debris from the case or anything else. The white N9 is very very nice to look at.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemomd For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemomd View Post
Since your new white N9 will have a more 'delicate' finish to my black one, the wrap itself will actually match the finish better as well, and make sure the finish doesn't get all scratched up from debris from the case or anything else. The white N9 is very very nice to look at.
I must say, I can't see debris in mine, but maybe I haven't looked closely enough.
I'm not very active outdoors too, so that could be another factor...
But given all you say, I may consider a full-body protector now, not just screen only.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Malvern, PA
I have been using the stock case and the skinomi. Last night my puppy decided to knock it off the nightstand and chew on it! Luckily it came away with very little damage. The skinomi is toast but the screen is still like new. The only marks are at the top of the phone by the earpiece. I will replace the screen protector and get a new shell. I know without those protectors it would have had scratches and teeth mark all over!

Does anyone know where the case that came with it can be purchased?

Originally Posted by ss29er View Post
I have been using the stock case and the skinomi. Last night my puppy decided to knock it off the nightstand and chew on it! Luckily it came away with very little damage. The skinomi is toast but the screen is still like new. The only marks are at the top of the phone by the earpiece. I will replace the screen protector and get a new shell. I know without those protectors it would have had scratches and teeth mark all over!
Definitely a good advertisement for a protector + case!
If anyone else has a preferred protector & case, please do share!

this was mine, just received 2 days ago,
20 pieces ;anti glare screen protector.. cost me only 10 usd
quality not bad at all~

Last edited by baem90; 2012-03-09 at 17:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to baem90 For This Useful Post: