Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Here is a quick fix for the Android Market after following the instructions on the front page of this thread and you get the error when running the market app after rebooting after the fix and so you don't have to constantly reboot and hope for best.
Go to settings and then click on accounts&sync settings and now un tick background data and now go back to the home screen and run the Android Market application again and it will tell you that it needs this and enable it via the button to the left.
Now you may get a couple of server errors but keep trying and it will work

Tried market fix(although I don't know how to leave application running in background since it wouldn't show on running apps, if i press camera key once or half way same thing, or even if I hold it and open settings), I only got free apps, none of the paid ones :/

Usually you just press the camera key once quickly not slowly
But if it doesn't show in running apps don't worry just go to all and you will find Market and the Google Service Framework there and just follow the instructions on the front page of this thread then reboot and use my tip if you keep getting errors when trying to open the Android Market

Tele,

Keyboard is very small any idea to get the increased size of on screen keyboard ?

regards

Sahil

Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
It's amazing. Thanks for the guide ammyt. I would give so much for it to be fully functional as I have no need for it without calls/sms/camera/GPS but it's really impressive. Makes me kind of want to get an android phone again though...

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
To have ASTRO installed sithout Market fix:
1. http://www.freewarelovers.com/androi...o-file-manager to download it.
2. Place it in MyDocs
3. On Xterm:
Code:
root
mount /home /and
mv /home/user/MyDocs/ASTRO_File_Manager_2.5.2.apk /and/system/app
4. Reboot to Nitdroid, you'll find it there

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 78 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Thanks ammyt,
I just discovered a bug, if you're in offline mode, games would crash right once they're loaded. Can anybody confirm this?

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Al Quds, Isawiya
anybody know if there will ever be a full functional call function for nitdroid.
Couldht they make a fix for this function so people can call me (and speak with me while im using nitdroid?
They should ignore other functions and concentrate more on getting the most important function working so people can use it as alternative os.

Hope some people agree with what im saying.

just read on nitdroid fb page that they fixed strace and gingerbread would now be able to make real calls (with voice)
n new kernel version 35 has also been tested

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by amritpal2489 View Post
just read on nitdroid fb page that they fixed strace and gingerbread would now be able to make real calls (with voice)
n new kernel version 35 has also been tested
Oh thanks for saying that, the Nitdroid team is working in a gigantic effort to get "phone features" working, patience!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid