Notices

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe View Post
Thanks.

I'll bet it was riddled with them

Once you have it easily installable, post instructions here so I can amend them to the first post. Crediting you for all your hard work of course
I've posted 0.1.0-0 to the autobuilder. I just realized I forgot to setup the deps and will post 0.1.0-1 soon.

I make packaging a bit more complex than it needs to be so that I have it all automated for every platform I end up supporting (so it gets even more complicated for Meego support).

Right now packaging and uploading is done through make and basically expects a linux system. If you want to start creating the packages and this setup doesn't work for you, I could go in and simplify it.

ps I think I broke things. One of those unintended consequences that results from some of those things pylint warns about. I'm working on it.

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
from the screenshots it looks very promising, nevertheless not sure i will overlock just to play this game.
keep working men, you're good.

Originally Posted by Shinigamijim View Post
from the screenshots it looks very promising, nevertheless not sure i will overlock just to play this game.
I won't overclock so I'm committed to making it work without it.

Ok, so I fixed some of my errors I put in and pushed to github and the autobuilder 0.1.1

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 483 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by Shinigamijim View Post
It's worth trying without OCing. Just make sure you have no other apps running and disable sound effects from the config menu

epage: That's great news. The code should be fairly easy to port to other systems.

The levels could also be made much bigger with no additional code. It would just require editing of the level.py files and you can even increase the block size using the BLOCK_SIZE variable in the main (nom.py) file. Of course the images would have to be enlarged to match, but I can work on this whenever.

How would I add further changes to this project?

fAircrack (Aircrack GUI): Point-and-click pwnage for your N900
Now with John the Ripper integration

It's worth trying without OCing. Just make sure you have no other apps running and disable sound effects from the config menu

epage: That's great news. The code should be fairly easy to port to other systems.

The levels could also be made much bigger with no additional code. It would just require editing of the level.py files and you can even increase the block size using the BLOCK_SIZE variable in the main (nom.py) file. Of course the images would have to be enlarged to match, but I can work on this whenever.

How would I add further changes to this project?
1. You give me tarballs like you already did. I look at your changes and integrate them in. You then download the latest tarball to start over.
2. You install git and I teach it to you . Having revision control makes a huge difference when writing software. First it allows for great undo capabilities. Second when trying to merge peoples work you can see how they got to where they are at and can more easily merge.

I've settled down on my cleanup for now. The main change I made was getting rid of wild-card imports. Those make it difficult to track down where code came from (and you could break that code without realizing it). I'd like to at some point tackle the global variables but I think for now I'm going to work on my custom level loader.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epage View Post
1. You give me tarballs like you already did. I look at your changes and integrate them in. You then download the latest tarball to start over.
2. You install git and I teach it to you . Having revision control makes a huge difference when writing software. First it allows for great undo capabilities. Second when trying to merge peoples work you can see how they got to where they are at and can more easily merge.

I've settled down on my cleanup for now. The main change I made was getting rid of wild-card imports. Those make it difficult to track down where code came from (and you could break that code without realizing it). I'd like to at some point tackle the global variables but I think for now I'm going to work on my custom level loader.
Yes those global variables are messy. Best way to get rid of the "global levelselect" is to make a new line in the config.py with the following "levelselect = 0". Then delete all the calls for "global levelselect" in nom.py and replace all "levelselect" with "config.levelselect".

I was going to do this before I released it but it slipped my mind.

Yes those global variables are messy. Best way to get rid of the "global levelselect" is to make a new line in the config.py with the following "levelselect = 0". Then delete all the calls for "global levelselect" in nom.py and replace all "levelselect" with "config.levelselect".

I was going to do this before I released it but it slipped my mind.
a global by any other name but yes that is better than nothing.

Originally Posted by epage View Post
a global by any other name but yes that is better than nothing.
Ahh. Well that sums up how new I am to python

I assumed that global variables were the ones you called with the "global" command in order to access them from any class on the script, and the ones in the config file were different.

In that case I am not sure where to proceed