Notices

Hello, I'm just having a question but so far I can't find something to click on for a simple posting without reply.... I think I will do in the next minutes....

Having installed Marble 1.2.95 (1.3 Release Candidate 1) I am not able to install Monav 0.3.release-3 which is the only version I can see within the programmanager. The programmanager throws the message: Conflicts with program packages (Konflikte mit Programmpaketen). When clicking on Details there is the message: Conflict with programpackages: Marble - Virtual Globe (1.2.95-0).

Someone having an idea?

Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by surfa View Post
Someone having an idea?
Install monav from extras or extras-testing, not from extras-devel!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
As an N9 user, I was very pleased to find Marble available from the Ovi store!

I didn't realise I should install Monav Routing Daemon as well, so after reading this thread, I found that out and I learnt quite a few other things.

I didn't have high hopes of finding good routing alternatives, since Ovi maps are updated and available life-long (is that the life of the device, which if its robustness is any kind of hint, is going to be very long, or the existence of Nokia as a smartphone manufacturer...).
However, my problems are the lack of routing for cyclists on Ovi maps/routes, plus the thing not being open - I did fix some minor things on Navtec, but then, I prefer to fix OSM.
On Android I use Navit and OSMAnd, which both have their pluses and negs, but at least both can use offline vector maps.

Anyway, my two cents:
yes, openbusmaps.org would be a great addition / optional feature
vector maps drawing is a must
even if a region/country is indicated to have car navigation, is it possible to navigate for pedestrians/cyclists?

I will have/take some more time tonight to see how things go...

AFAIK, Marble for Harmattan got it's own thread - or at least that was the plan - so, please, keep Maemo thread clean.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
earthwings, thanks - for You and entire Marble team - for this update!

As for harmattan edition, while I'm not fan of Harm - to say at least - I think it's better to keep everything in one thread. Just one small request - please divide it, using headline (as You did in Your last post).

/Estel
Your own comment had me post here.

And no, there is no separate harmattan thread, at least, not one that I could find whilst searching for 'marble'.

The Following User Says Thank You to aRTee For This Useful Post:
You got me on that. Well, memory fades, so I throw ash on my head, and take my excuses, honestly
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 535 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Karlsruhe, Germany
I created http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82196 now for the Harmattan version.

I didn't package the final Fremantle version 1.3.0 yet as we have an unresolved bug in the elevation profile infobox (activating it crashes Marble in the extras-devel build. Works fine with my scratchbox build). I'm a bit undecided yet whether to fix the bug (might take time) or disable the elevation profile plugin for the time being.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to earthwings For This Useful Post:
disable elevation profile, upload it, then submit upgrade when bug gets fixed - of course, if it isn't too much hassle. Thanks, by the way!

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 535 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Karlsruhe, Germany
Marble 1.3.0 is uploading to extras-devel at the moment and should be available there in a couple of hours. Compared to Marble 1.2, it adds two new info boxes with GPS related information and kinetic spinning. A new public transport map theme (based on openbusmap.org) and a spanish voice navigation speaker are included in the default installation. Of course you can install additional map themes from http://edu.kde.org/marble/maps.php and additional voice navigation speakers from http://edu.kde.org/marble/speakers.php like before.

The elevation profile info box that was included in earlier testing versions is disabled for now as it causes a crash.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to earthwings For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@earthwings,

Thanks for the new version. Seems to work fine.

One quick question (I know I should do it myself but..). I'm currently having a house built, but it's number (which was officially assigned recently) doesn't show up

How could I quickly add it to the openstreetmaps?

Add.: I think I managed. Hopefully I didn't make a mess of the map

Last edited by reinob; 2012-02-19 at 15:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:

Tags
marble, nokia n900