Notices

Whenever i try to use Application Manager and refresh the list of packages, it just says "Downloading ... 1kb" and does nothing. Does anyone have any advice for me? I don't really want to install dependancies one by one ... althouh I did get GPE PIM apps like that.

Maybe you forgot to add the last slash ( / ) in the URL for repository. I think they are mandatory. Then if you added more repositories at once and problems still persist you could try to activate them only one by one with the checkbox option you are offered.

Bye, Val.

P.S. Once your repositories are set up you should make a manual backup of your /etc/apt/sources.lst (hope it's the right filename), the included backup program doesn't do that for you.

Bye, tira.

yeah, I'm pretty sure that the URLs are correct. I paste them from:
http://maemo.org/maemowiki/ApplicationRepositories

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Belgium
Can you specifiy exactly how you refresh you repositories ?

I actually figured it out. I just add/remove slashes at the end until it works ...

Thanks for the help!

I had lot of problems with refreshing Application Manager and connecting to Gtalk until I updated firmware to my wlan ap. Before I had to try like 20 times to get something done, now it works every time. And all this time I had no problems with surfing the net.

How do you dot that? I updated to OS 2006 last night. I assume it had the latest firmware...

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
i am guessing they mean they updated their wireless router.

Oh, I see.