Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Hi Folks!

A small company called OpenMobile is currently working on their own solution to run Android applications on Windows, MeeGo and WebOS devices. But sadly similar to AlienDalvik they are currently only adressing big Vendors and OEMs.

If you're still interestend in their concept and want to read more, here is the link:
http://openmobileww.com/products.php

Enjoy!

I will admit, the google apps for android were enough to suck me in. But the poor quality of android apps not written by google combined with the fragmentation issues made me leave again. I much prefer having desktop apps on an N900 to anything android.

They can keep their virtual dalviks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Flynx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
How do they do to port Android Apps to meego, First it was Alien Dalvik and now it's ACL, Why developers don't find a way to port them on maemo. I doubt it is not easy but at least... if it is available for Linux, i'm sure one can develop a solution for maemo too.
ACL for Maemo

The Following User Says Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
How do they do to port Android Apps to meego, First it was Alien Dalvik and now it's ACL, Why developers don't find a way to port them on maemo. I doubt it is not easy but at least... if it is available for Linux, i'm sure one can develop a solution for maemo too.
ACL for Maemo
If you want to invest few milllion dollars for developing such emulator (or whatever you say) then definitely you will get someone/some company who/which will develop it. Are you ready for the investment?

Tags
alien, aliendalvik, android, dalvik, meego