Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone knows a solution for this. Since the web browser is apparently based on Opera 8, accessing OWA does niot work since the browser detection on OWA does not recognize Opera. I found this: http://my.opera.com/userjs/forums/topic.dml?id=114246, and claims modifying the ua.ini could fix it. Anyone aware if this would fix it? And if so, how to do this on the tablet. If not, what other solutions may work?

Using Privoxy as a local proxy on the 770 (see my Howto in the wiki) you can specify any user agent you want instead of Opera's.

Hello
I use Outlook web Access regurarly without any modification. Is it the wap-kind of access? I know that Opera doesn't read wap pages well.

Regards

Johan

I do not believe so. In all truth, I am part of a support group for a company, and a few employees have the tablet, and it seems part of it loads, but the "guts" does not. Do you know what OWA version is being used. Or which exchange server version is being used on yours?

Originally Posted by fermunky
I do not believe so. In all truth, I am part of a support group for a company, and a few employees have the tablet, and it seems part of it loads, but the "guts" does not. Do you know what OWA version is being used. Or which exchange server version is being used on yours?
My experiences with MS Exchange Outlook 2003 Web Access (before and after fiddling with the N770's Opera config) were that only the 'simplified' OWA client will load... similar to what happens if you use Mozilla Firefox to access the OWA server, even from a Win32 system.

IIRC the full OWA client uses MSIE-specific UI hooks, no?

Originally Posted by JMills
My experiences with MS Exchange Outlook 2003 Web IIRC the full OWA client uses MSIE-specific UI hooks, no?
This is what I think is happening. The version of OWA being used is looking specifically for IE and Netscape browsers.

I am very interested in any advice on this one. I am experiencing the same problem with OWA. The page partially displays - basically the navigation bar on the left of the screen is visible but the main content does not display.

This is the biggest disappointment thus far in my experience with the 770. I had hoped to use the device to check my work email at home and other locations without having to bring along or boot-up my laptop computer. So I am very eager to get this one resolved.

I've tried to modify ua.ini with no success. Not sure the 770 version of opera supports all the settings. I believe the Privoxy solution mentioned above is the way to go until the ini feature is fixed or implemented.

Web Outlook (simple version) is working fine for me on my Exchange 2003 Server.

I don't know how to setup the Exchange server but I know for sure that it works well on my N770 and my Nokia 6680 (both use Opera). It the simplifed version it shows but it got all the functions needed so it isn't functionless. I don't think that my administrator has done anything special to make it work, he probably used default settings on that one.

//Johan