Notices

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Hi ade,

if you can not use the selected date time format of selected region, I would propose to use yyyy-mm-dd as fixed date format.
As 11/09 may be 9th of November (US) or 11th of September (GB). So it is not unique and may lead to confusion (at least it does for as German ).
Just a suggestion.

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
peterleinchen,

You do have a point (it crossed my mind too, but the year on the end should make the date format clear).
I will see if I will make the date order also regional, or use a month abbreviation, so there can be no misunderstanding.

And just noticed the months are not shown correctly in en_US settings when selecting a date. Going to work on that also.

edit:
* American regional settings should work correctly now when selecting date
* Date should now use regional format

Worldclock with date function is updated in first post.

Last edited by ade; 2012-09-04 at 01:05.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
ade, please check these logs.

You could distribute World Clock replacement via CSSU-Devel, as a first step before entering CSSU-Testing, without the need to wait for any HAM patches at all.

All you need to do is ask merlin1991 to grant you access to CSSU-Devel repository.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Don't know exactly when it was (perhaps two months ago), Merlin1991 said he would contact me if he had done his preparations/modifications in HAM.

I assume this is still valid. Could ask him again, but I don't want to push him.

If we want to distribute it without HAM mondifications, at least he has to tell me in what way he wants to see it included. Maybe I will try to ping him on #maemo-ssu this evening.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Yes, but the point here, is that it has been clarified in recent conversation at #maemo-ssu, that this shouldn't block the package to enter CSSU-Devel, only maybe for Testing.

You only need to ask for permission to access CSSU-Devel. That would make easier for people to install it and test it.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
How about automatically checking "Alarm active" when you change the time of an inactive alarm? The stock worldclock does that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to megaexer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Yes, but the point here, is that it has been clarified in recent conversation at #maemo-ssu, that this shouldn't block the package to enter CSSU-Devel, only maybe for Testing.

You only need to ask for permission to access CSSU-Devel. That would make easier for people to install it and test it.
I understand, but I don't want to mess up things for users, so I also want some advice from these guys on how to do that the proper way.

@megaexer:
I didn't know the stock clock behaved like that. But it sounds logical and will look at it.

Edit: just had a discussion on #maemo-ssu:
Merlin1991 is going to create a package of the clock replacement (before the HAM modications are done). I think he is more skilled to make the right choices for this package than me. Can't give any exact date of when it will be ready.

Edit2:
Just updated both versions. Accepting a time while editing will now make an inactive alarm active (conform stock clock).
In the case of the version with date function: accepting a date will do the same.

Last edited by ade; 2012-09-04 at 20:23.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
ade,
I`m glad that You are still working on this and keep pushing it for CSSU - it really is time for that. Many more less tested and even making problems packages (operator name widget anyone?) are already there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by artpra View Post
ade,
Many more less tested and even making problems packages (operator name widget anyone?) are already there.
As per merlin1991 @IRC, it's because "they were made by people inside CSSU". Who is that elite'reish group, and why ade can't be included - as worldclock maintainer[1] - remains unknown.

/Estel

[1]AFAIK, no one in CSSU is working on "everything", so it should be normal that author is responsible for maintaining own creation inside CSSU, still being considered part of CSSU team.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-09-05 at 12:59.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
As per merlin1991 @IRC, it's because "they were made by people inside CSSU". Who is that elite'reish group, and why ade can't be included - as worldclock maintainer[1] - remains unknown.

/Estel

[1]AFAIK, no one in CSSU is working on "everything", so it should be normal that author is responsible for maintaining own creation inside CSSU, still being considered part of CSSU team.
Estel,
I don't know if there is a clear line between being CSSU member or not. I am a project member in cssu-developers git (clock-ui, source maintainer only), but I am not that involved (by choice) in discussions and decision making which takes place on IRC. The latest seems to imply that the focus rapidly switches to other topics and earlier agreements tend to shift to the background. It's not the way I like to see it, but somewhat understandable nevertheless.

I do not share your feeling that I am excluded by the CSSU (core) team in whatever way. But I do think the more intimate people get things done more easy. I could push harder for CSSU inclusion of the replacement clock, but personally I am not that extremly driven to get it in CSSU. It would we nice of course, and I hope Merlin1991 does remember this remark to create a package for the replacement clock

Hopes this clears thing up...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:

Tags
clock-ui, replacement, worldclock