Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
Then every casual user is going to clock his/her N900 to 1,5 Ghz.
xD
Lets do it!!!

Originally Posted by buxz777 View Post
using lehtos and everything is working great mate iam sure they are both good and work nice
Lehto 125-900/stock DSP ... best for me ...

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
OK - so have there been any instances of damage or bricking caused by any of this overclocking yet?
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
OK - so have there been any instances of damage or bricking caused by any of this overclocking yet?
Google is your friend, you will be surprised that here many people are "surprised" or "find it hard to accept" with OC, but actually many other similar devices have been OC for some time.

Here is still "fresh" from oven, unless someone hardcore maximizing the OC, possibly we might see some bad news. If you want to know, google and you can find out those devices that have OC for sometime, and what problems they're facing.

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ reading, uk
Cool so that is why people are saying when making a call the cpu shoots up too max cpu cause of the dsp

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Andy - I'm asking specifically about the N900 and in this instance with these custom kernels. This thread is surely the best place in the world to get the most up to date knowledge on this subject (even better than Google believe it or not)

I don't need to Google "overclocking consequences" and do research. We all know the primary risk is that overclocking creates extra heat and this can damage components.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
Can someone post video with OC N900 experience?

For me - I don't see *any big* difference between 600 and 800/900Mhz in terms of general GUI performance. I suspect that either my device is too loaded with apps/packages/widgets and thus the difference in speed change is negligible (i.e. it is too slow), or there are too *less* apps/packages/widgets and thus the speed change is negligible (i.e. it is too fast) .

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by todor_tsankov View Post
Can someone post video with OC N900 experience?

For me - I don't see *any big* difference between 600 and 800/900Mhz in terms of general GUI performance. I suspect that either my device is too loaded with apps/packages/widgets and thus the difference in speed change is negligible (i.e. it is too slow), or there are too *less* apps/packages/widgets and thus the speed change is negligible (i.e. it is too fast) .
Try running an emulator (e.g. vgba) or gl-tron (I think there is an option to show framerates).

Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by titan View Post
I guess most of Letho's kernels are also affected by the "reset by phone call" issue (a phone call sets the range to 250-600MHz).
In particular the kernels with 125/250/... and the 250/500/625/720/900 should have
a minimum of 250 or maximum of 625 MHz after a phone call, respectively.
after some tests I learned that:
1. phone call ring (outgoing) sets range [>=600,>=600]
2. during the phone call [250,>=600]
3. after the phone call [min,>=600]
>=600 means smallest available frequency >= 600MHz

so only with letho's 250/500/625/720/900 kernel you would see that
the max after the phone call is 625MHz. can anybody confirm that?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to titan For This Useful Post:

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom