Active Topics

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ reading, uk
I thought the n900 was good but i have now sold it and bought a phone on android and my god what a difference, the browser may not be as good but the apps are so cool and easy to use.
If i am somewhere with a bad signal i can still check the football scores or get any other useful information i need, i can use google street view, maps and earth for free with navigation so no stupid sygic rubbish.
All the hard work that goes into creating half descent things on here are already available on android and for free but thanks for all those who are trying anyway.
Last night i went to see frankie boyle who was fuc***g funny i downloaded an app called woZZon just clicked on it and it told me everything there was to do in my area (using gps) giving the closest first, ranging from cinema to kids entertainment, all i had to do was click on something and it would give address (link to google maps with navigation) phone number (click to call) and even a button that adds it to your calender and a choice to book ticket there and then. AMAZING
All i can say is n900 users you are really missing out the battery lasts 2 days compared to 1 day on the n900 and it is so light in the pocket. Thanks for listening.

Oh yeah and one of the most annoying things was the fact you couldn't save contacts to the sim card on nokia n900 so had to type them all in again on new phone, but gives choice to save to sim, phone, sd card and google so i did all four.

Last edited by torres76; 2010-04-29 at 07:52.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to torres76 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
well im not a nokia fanboy by any means, and its nice to see people happy with their choices, but for me the n900 is everything ive ever wanted and some! and maemo beats android on every level (for my needs),
its so perfect for me that i dont even see why people keep banging on about the next FW release!
maybe its because i researched before buying the device
and found the n900 would suit my needs more, if more people did that we wouldnt have so many 'i hate my phone' threads,
not that im accusing this thread of being one by any means

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to leetut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
...i downloaded an app called woZZon just clicked on it and it told me everything there was to do in my area (using gps) giving the closest first, ranging from cinema to kids entertainment, all i had to do was click on something and it would give address (link to google maps with navigation) phone number (click to call) and even a button that adds it to your calender and a choice to book ticket there and then. AMAZING...
Yeah, because having the Internet on your phone is not enough.

The Following User Says Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Thanks Torres for rubbing my face in it, we all make mistakes in life.

Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
iPhone/Android phones and WinMo (HD2) has not impressed me yet. N900 surpasses all of them in what I need. (hw keyboard, resistive screen, xvid playback, great browser, highly overclockable, midnight commander and root xterminal access. Nothing touches it yet imo.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Sorry, not meaning to sound like a snob, but in London the last places I would want to go these days are anywhere that people have found through an app with GPS. The dance scene is dry enough here, without having some anodyne little 20-somethings coming to bleach any edgy vibe out completely. I'll stick with my n900 and use the browser to try to find things that might have a little spirit left in them

Enjoy the new phone. As a happy n900 user I always tell people if you want apps, go for another phone. Personally, I couldn't be happier.

The Following User Says Thank You to digital909 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
hmm.. my battery holds for 48h (have it oc'd) and got all my navigational needs without sygic (mapper ie. google maps). So you sold your n900 before you knew what was possible. Well.. it's your loss

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by torres76 View Post
Oh yeah and one of the most annoying things was the fact you couldn't save contacts to the sim card on nokia n900 so had to type them all in again on new phone, but gives choice to save to sim, phone, sd card and google so i did all four.
Bluetooth sync??
I sync my n900 contacts with my e63 so this one is on your new phone

Lol ok everyone. its funny how nearly every thread on here is either asking for apps to be made or problems to be solved, so yeah you stick with your perfect n900.
Do you know how long it would take to search the web for something to do in your area or outside let alone if you had a poor signal, i think it is a case of having your eyes wide shut.

The Following User Says Thank You to torres76 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
Bluetooth sync??
I sync my n900 contacts with my e63 so this one is on your new phone
Yes it is and file transfer. but the nokia wouldnt work.