Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
Still enjoying my Streak 5
Glad to hear that. Some of us are now on Gingerbread 2.3.3.

There are a few bugs to be ironed out so it is not quite ready yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rebski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
I finally got around to taking a picture of my Dell Streak 5. It is sitting in a Chinese docking station that I bought on eBay for $23. Below it is my desktop computer at work and I am charging my Dell from my computer's USB port. In the middle of the desktop is my Google Calendar agenda list. There are actually 7 different selectable desktops. The "100" on the top left shows my battery capacity remaining. This device has super sensitive GPS. It tracks within the large building where I work.

Name:  Dell Streak 5.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  54.6 KB

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Although my Dell Streak is a smartphone, I choose not to activate it as a cell phone. Seems like everywhere I go, there is free WiFi. Some have bought the 7 inch Streak, whereas I find my 5 inch to be more pocketable. I have found nothing that I dislike about my Streak. It has long battery life, bright display, loud speaker, docking station and super sensitive GPS.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
its ugly, I can't hold that up to my ear.

Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
I agree, that's why I use it as a tablet.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I am absolutely unable to root the damn thing. Have tested almost every 'how to' and tutorial in the Internet without success.

I have several access points saved on my Streak 5, including my home and work WiFi aps. I would like to leave work and when I arrive home, have my Streak auto connect. Is there an Android app that will do this?

Problem solved: I uninstalled a "WiFi Manager" developed by Kostya V.

Last edited by Den in USA; 2012-03-22 at 17:52. Reason: Problem solved

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
I am absolutely unable to root the damn thing. Have tested almost every 'how to' and tutorial in the Internet without success.
Have you tryed the info on this site?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=695

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Yes, I tried with different versions of SuperOneClick in Windows 7, Ubuntu, Virtual Box Windows XP, with different hacks...

I have to revisit it yet with more spare time.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
That's such an idiotic argument. Why can't you hold something you think is ugly up to your ear?

The Following User Says Thank You to Sopwith For This Useful Post:

Tags
competition, dell, fresh-air, i has it ;), just shoot me, no keyboard, no linux, notnokia, wotnokia?