Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
big news coming
This is for sure the best post you have ever posted. Friends and foos. We have a countdown! That means...right now you have 21 hours to find your credit card. GL

Edit: and make sure you have enough funds on it OFC

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-10-27 at 17:30.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
I knew it, that I should have save some money this month

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Finland
I'm so tempted! I hope this is going to be a success

16 hours left. Where can I sell my soule?
I'm so glad there's a scandinavian layout.

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
@malkavian: But the problem is that everyone uses different languages even on English adapted keyboards. For example, I use Dutch, English and German as my 3 main languages. So I should ask for a English variant that has German on it as well (considering that German is more used than Dutch throughout the world)?
You are talking to me as if there isn't an azerty and a qwertz keyboards there. I am just asking for adding symbols to qwerty, a totally different configuration as with french and german ones is not needed. I can't write on spanish with that qwerty keyboard, some of these symbols are used quite much. I can't even write the name of my country "España" or may language "Español". Maybe, modifyng the software layout to include the symbols and remembering where are them could be a dirty solution.

Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
There are very Spanish speaking Jolla users atm so English, German and French are IMHO more important since Jolla is available in more countries where those languages are spoken (or close variants thereof).
While Jolla doesn't reach to latinoamérica sure, spanish population is 47 million, less than french (66 million) and german (80 million).
¿Wich countries with French or German as native language is Jolla available in apart from France and Germany?

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
I am just asking for adding symbols to qwerty
As mentioned before, you will be able to specify your unique layout and if enough people want it we will make it. If not we will supply all files to modify your qwerty keypad at your local laser-shop to your preferences. Software will be completely configurable.

We cannot do more without increasing costs for others.

Last edited by dirkvl; 2014-10-27 at 22:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Ok, I couldn't find an answer to this question in the FAQ (unless maybe you see the answer as included in "ready for day-to-day use"?) or any of the posts containing the word "software", or maybe I overlooked something. It does seem funny to me if noone would have asked this before, but here goes:

- Will the on-screen keyboard remain hidden when TOHKBD is attached and open/slid out? We get to see the complete screen while the cursor is in a text field? Vkb will not pop up when (re-)positioning the cursor inside a text field by touching the display? etc (other events that normally make the vkb appear).
-Does the opposite apply while TOHKBD is attached, but closed?
- All Sailfish apps or only stock Jolla apps?
Android experience?
Apologies if an answer has been given already, will appreciate very much a pointer to it!

Last edited by bennypr0fane; 2014-10-27 at 22:52.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
@malkavian: I can write "España" fine even on this QWERTY keyboard from my hybrid laptop which has US International with Euro on 5 layout.

"¿Wich countries with French or German as native language is Jolla available in apart from France and Germany?"

Jolla is available in:

German as native language: Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium (yes, there's a portion of Belgium where German is the official native language), Liechtenstein, South Tyrol and soon also Namibia (just like Belgium, there's a portion where German is the main language).
French as native language: France, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Monaco and Belgium.

The Following User Says Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
It does seem funny to me if noone would have asked this before, but here goes:
ok, let me have it.

- Will the on-screen keyboard remain hidden when TOHKBD is attached and open/slid out? We get to see the complete screen while the cursor is in a text field? Vkb will not pop up when (re-)positioning the cursor inside a text field by touching the display? etc (other events that normally make the vkb appear).
keyboard extended = virtual keyboard minimized (that is logical)
virtual keyboard is minimized = you see the complete screen (also, logical)

the vkb is not completely gone, but we have a completely bare-bone version that only shows the spacebar. you do not loose the option to open another version of the vkb by longpress, while still minimizing the vkb space. so the vkb is not gone, it is just very very very small.

-Does the opposite apply while TOHKBD is attached, but closed?
tohkbd closed = the same as detached. normal use, normal vkb.

- All Sailfish apps or only stock Jolla apps?
Android experience?
this is not our department, but jolla's. all native apps will work fine, jolla is increasingly improving experience between native and android environment.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
ok, let me have it.

the vkb is not completely gone, but we have a completely bare-bone version that only shows the spacebar. you do not loose the option to open another version of the vkb by longpress, while still minimizing the vkb space. so the vkb is not gone, it is just very very very small.
Are you saying there is no way the virtual keyboard can be hidden?

Because I am trying the "bare-bone" version and when you copy a text (which is something quite common and something that can be done solely via ctrl+c & ctrl+v on the keyboard), an additional row appears. With this additional row, my rough estimate is that the keyboard takes ~28% of the screen when in landscape. I don't think that is really tolerable if you want a good HW keyboard experience.

EDIT: I know this is probably up to Jolla to resolve, but I'm just saying that the "bare-bone" virtual keyboard solution is far from ideal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd