Notices

What encoding should I use for the videos and what is the best bite rate and frame rate should be used for best result?

anyboby have the nexus one video ? and loopable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz1YBcYw_qE

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
i just tried some of the wallpapers.

florish seems to run fine fps-wise, though you can see the compression.
i also tried goldparticles and snow - both ran with literally 1 frame per second.

all 3 of them took nonstop 95-100% CPU.

Sorry guys, can anyone tell me where I can get hold of an earlier version of LiveWallpaper 'ver. 0.92' or prior, thanks.

my version shows as 1.0.3, when i select video optio in tyene and one of these avi files it doesn't show up in the desktop.... it comes out as normal wallpaper..... pls help

havent tried these yet but the nokia splash thing moving from right to left would be so tits! i mean the default maemo bground

The Following User Says Thank You to tHMZ For This Useful Post:
guys plzzz help me... every video that I've downloaded and tried on my n900, it doesnt plays well in the background... using the live wallpaper theme, when I apply any video to b played, the video plays frame by frame... like a photo slideshow... man it sucks... plzz help me with.. I dont have much on my desktop

I am even not able to see any of my pictures slideshow... no pictures show up when using slideshow template... help me with this plzz... its a bug I guess

EDIT
This thing is happening to me with AVI videos.. i played a clouds MP4 video and it worked well... so plzzz help me with this guys... plzzzz
but the mp4 thing jst worked once... now its also showing the same sucking behaviour...

Last edited by CooL_HunK; 2011-02-25 at 06:40.

Originally Posted by CooL_HunK View Post
guys plzzz help me... every video that I've downloaded and tried on my n900, it doesnt plays well in the background... using the live wallpaper theme, when I apply any video to b played, the video plays frame by frame... like a photo slideshow... man it sucks... plzz help me with.. I dont have much on my desktop

I am even not able to see any of my pictures slideshow... no pictures show up when using slideshow template... help me with this plzz... its a bug I guess

EDIT
This thing is happening to me with AVI videos.. i played a clouds MP4 video and it worked well... so plzzz help me with this guys... plzzzz
but the mp4 thing jst worked once... now its also showing the same sucking behaviour...
What size are the avi files you are trying to play - and by size I mean resolution. If they are larger than the screen then yeah it might be laggy.

Previous thread answers simply suggest using mp4 for all the files you need.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
What size are the avi files you are trying to play - and by size I mean resolution. If they are larger than the screen then yeah it might be laggy.

Previous thread answers simply suggest using mp4 for all the files you need.
actually a few avi files are working, namely : idream, dyingplanet, florish, dripping....
but the rest avi's namely : sky, rain, snow, star flare, rockies, ae particles.... r not working proerply... I have downloaded all these from this thread only... from the mediafire links provided... but I am not sure how to match up their resolution to work...

I have made this simple video for Live Wallpaper. It shows a hypothetical magnetic monopole particle in a grand unified theory, and is produced by an actual quantum field theory simulation. The framerate is quite low so that it does not use too much CPU time.

It is probably some codec issue but I had to add some extra frames at the end to make to loop smoothly on Live Wallpaper.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip monopole_livewp.zip (374.4 KB, 208 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arajantie For This Useful Post:

Tags
live wallpaper, video, wallpaper