My phone is looking a little wrecked - I have dropped it a few times. Im considering replacing the case - has anyone on here done this? Just wondering if you found it hard/easy?

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
My phone is looking a little wrecked - I have dropped it a few times. Im considering replacing the case - has anyone on here done this? Just wondering if you found it hard/easy?
I have changed the housing on my lumia 800 and two processes are very similar, so I can share my experience
First watch the video about how to take it apart, in not sure there are any English videos for the N9 but there's definitely a Russian video which is very clear even if you don't know the language type in YouTube : "разбор Nokia n9".
After this post I'll also share a link with my guide about the lumia which has a lot of useful and relevant info in it although the wrong video obviously. You can get the parts from the same seller that's mentioned there.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1526844
Here's the link, I must say im no pro at this at all but found it very easy to do.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slansr For This Useful Post:
I changed my original black housing for Cyan. Once you have the screen off the rest is a cynch. Just make sure you have good quality tools so you don't strip any of the torx that hold the metal shield and system board in place.

The Following User Says Thank You to lstrike21 For This Useful Post:
Great! Thanks guys - where did you source your original parts from? The one I bought from ebay looks fake (not that obvious bar the engraved text).

Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
Great! Thanks guys - where did you source your original parts from? The one I bought from ebay looks fake (not that obvious bar the engraved text).
The seller that i ordered my lumia parts from was called "headlane ltd" they are a uk firm, i contacted them and they said they get legit parts.. The ones i got look exactly the same as the original ones. I think headlane also sells n9 parts im not sure but i can say from experience that this company seems to sell original parts
Who did you buy yours from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSJtUbnM46E

here's the russian video that i was talking about, i havent seen any other video myself.. this one is pretty clear though and if something is not, read my lumia guide from xda that i posted before because apart from one or two things the process is identical.

The Following User Says Thank You to slansr For This Useful Post:
can anyone link me to an N9 original case seller?

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Prague, Czech republic
I'd also appreciate this.

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
There's usually some on eBay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/?_nkw=n9 housing

Annoyed that you asked now, because I ordered a blue housing and parts for my black 64gb a week ago for £47 and now there's one for £10 less. Never mind eh. Mine are from digital_supermarkets - I'll update this thread when they arrive.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post: