Notices

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
that was one ugly personal rant. I am sorry but I won't be missing you at all... No matter how talented you are and how much you have archieved, everything can drain down to sewers in a second. Your archievements were flushed in my eyes after first 2 minutes I spent reading the rant....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
That's quite a rant. It's sad that the community loses its N900 pioneer for reverse engineering and hacking Nokia's closed source mess.

Even though I do not agree with the strong language, qwerty certainly has a valid point and this rant nails it down well.
I guess if I was just a user on the N900 I would've jumped ship a long time ago for about some of the same reasons. But as a developer I still enjoy working on it.

Good bye, qwerty! Your contributions will never be forgotten.
I hope the _right_ people at Nokia do listen for one time.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
@ qwerty12 - well said mate, every last word..... Specially the "skeet skeet skeet" part. "Pearls" of wisdom....

The Following User Says Thank You to Switch_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Who screwed you over qwerty12, it's just a phone not life, come on... So what somebody prommised openness and didn't deliver and so what someone do wants to be fanboys... So f*****g what there life there choise and so what if they choose to be sheeps. This rant is just sad in my eyes... I don't think that all your work just goes down the drain as ossi thinks i very much enjoy your work non the less... It's just a sad way to leave i think...

And goodbye to you aswell qwerty12...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Last edited by Dousan; 2010-08-04 at 10:00.

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ wales
as much as i agree with a lot of ur points, having a three year old kids tantrum just killed ur reputation for me completely. but i dont suppose u care what i think of you lol, thanks for your effort and the imput you have given. take care dude and i hope you are succesful in the future

Originally Posted by Dousan View Post
I don't think that all your work just goes down the drain as ossi thinks
not the work itself but personal karma (not talking about maemo.org karma now).

A bit like you found a cure to the AIDS and after that stab hundred people death with no apparent reason.

Without personal attacks I would probably agreed with the rant but that dirt tells more about the writer than the persons itself...
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Humans tend to to this kind of things, I mean, genial inventions and tantrums. Androids are absolutely stable, mood-wise. This demonstrates that Faheem is not an Android

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Humans tend to to this kind of things, I mean, genial inventions and tantrums. Androids are absolutely stable, mood-wise. This demonstrates that Faheem is not an Android
actually it just demonstrates that he copes with computers and such, not with people. At all.

e: do you really think that one would need to be an android in order not to write such rant?
Google Custom Search

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Hilarious stuff! Thanks qwerty12

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
e: do you really think that one would need to be an android in order not to write such rant?
Don't want to hijack the thread, but in my experience (I mean, clinical experience), humans have several imaginative ways to break and go crazy, even for short periods, including publishing stuff that they will bitterly regret after.
And, of course other things like using drugs, alcohol, acting out, self harming, getting married, you name it.
So, well, I meant Qwerty12 is only human, even if his abilities in coding might put some doubt on this issue

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:

Tags
childish, fa[n]bo[j]s, icanhazapp?, ranting, reality, ridiculous, strong language, teen_angst, warning