thank you very much for answer now the Mail Bug is fixed for me!!!
Gracias Grazie Danke

Last edited by marcaurell; 2012-08-16 at 20:23.

This solution works for me, too. Awesome work, Shinto! I adjusted a config file to create a mailserver.log file and sent it to Sergey in the main N9 Email/MfE thread, so he can figure out the root cause. Your solution works for me perfectly so far, so my immediate pain has ceased!

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by Shinto View Post
Here is the best work-around that I could find so far. I will warn you that it's fairly clumsy, and requires Developer mode and a little familiarity with the command line.

1. Add harmattan-dev repository (if not done already)
    Code:
    devel-su
    <enter root password>

cat <<EOF >/etc/apt/sources.list.d/harmattan-dev.list
    deb http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/ harmattan/sdk free non-free
    deb-src http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/ harmattan/sdk free
    deb http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/ harmattan/41667a5bd857be02f487c2ce806fbf85 nokia-binaries
    EOF

apt-get update
  2. Install sqlite3 (run as root)
    Code:
    apt-get install sqlite3
  3. Change the status codes for any new messages you currently have (run as your normal user, not root) to restore the blue circles:
    Code:
    sqlite3 /home/user/.qmf/database/qmailstore.db "UPDATE mailmessages SET status=18497 WHERE status=18496"

This isn't a permanent solution, the blue circles will probably stop working again the next time your e-mail is checked, at which point you could re-run step 3. I could envision this third step running periodically in the background using a script or through cron to keep up the appearance of the blue circles working.

This also doesn't fix the "Recent Messages" list. On my N9, which has four IMAP and two Gmail accounts, only the recent message from Gmail are shown. I'm still working on that one.
Hi!

I tried do what you wrote, but I don't have harmattan-dev.list

Is there any other way to install the harmattan-repo? (can't find sqlite3)

Thanks.

Last edited by Arthuro_Adam; 2012-08-17 at 13:35.

As Shinto said it's a bit hit and miss, so far after some tests I'd say it worked about a third of the time with my Yahoo account. However that's much better than never!
Great work!

Originally Posted by WhitP View Post
As Shinto said it's a bit hit and miss, so far after some tests I'd say it worked about a third of the time with my Yahoo account. However that's much better than never!
Great work!
That's weird because this approach has worked for me 100% through several reboots. Maybe it's just luck for me, or maybe there is a slightly different root cause of the issue.

EDIT: Uh-oh it WAS beginner's luck. Now the trigger/sqlite solution is working less and less! It was good while it lasted . . .

Last edited by Hacker; 2012-08-18 at 22:07.

It works for one Day now it's over and i see again not the notifaction for new Emails. I use two yahoo accounts.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Hungary
Now, I can install the repo, but can't install sqlite3, because some packages can't authenticated. I install with root. Any suggestions?

I ran terminal:

"devel-su"

then

"apt-get install sqlite3"

Last edited by Arthuro_Adam; 2012-08-17 at 16:58.

Shinto,

Since the trigger/sqlite3 approach worked for everyone for a while, but then becomes less reliable, I was wondering if we could somehow tweak this approach to refresh it so that it could work better and for longer periods of time.

For instance, I tried re-doing the trigger, but got an error message since the kluge trigger already existed. What do you think about the idea of erasing the kluge trigger and re-creating it? If you think it might work, what would the sqlite code be?

Have you thought of any other solutions to try?

Thanks for everything . . .

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ United States
Interesting, the trigger has been working fairly consistently for me for over a week, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it. But I don't have any Yahoo e-mail account provisioned; just two Gmail and four generic IMAP. For those of you still having trouble, how is your Yahoo mail account provisioned? Mail for Exchange? POP3? IMAP?

Re-creating the trigger would not have any affect, unless you first blow away your .qmf/ directory, which doesn't seem to be a permanent fix, either.

my yahoo is imap