That is great news.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Classic half assed sony.

2x N900 - both for sale, 1x in mint condition with a qwerty keyboard (with box and all accessories) and 1x in used condition with qwertz keyboard. PM me[/B]

1x N9 16GB cyan, made in Finland - for sale PM me

1x Jolla - for sale PM me

iPhone SE - lost

iPhone 7 - 128GB
Surface Pro 4 M3 - Win10 is buggy...
Lenovo Thinkpad W520 - Xubuntu
Lenovo Thinkpad X200 - Libreboot and Trisquel

The Following User Says Thank You to NX500 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@NX500, your signature. N9 32GB? Really? I thought they came only in 16 and 64.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
does the jolla-answers thread about a raft of new translations around security and lock screen suggest that the figerprint reader in the xperia X may well be enabled in sailfish?

Last edited by Jedibeeftrix; 2017-07-13 at 09:07.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
@NX500, your signature. N9 32GB? Really? I thought they came only in 16 and 64.
It's a super rare, super special N9.

fixed it

2x N900 - both for sale, 1x in mint condition with a qwerty keyboard (with box and all accessories) and 1x in used condition with qwertz keyboard. PM me[/B]

1x N9 16GB cyan, made in Finland - for sale PM me

1x Jolla - for sale PM me

iPhone SE - lost

iPhone 7 - 128GB
Surface Pro 4 M3 - Win10 is buggy...
Lenovo Thinkpad W520 - Xubuntu
Lenovo Thinkpad X200 - Libreboot and Trisquel

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NX500 For This Useful Post:
p.s. I've received my Used-Like-New XperiaX for £190 from Amazon and I have to say I'm impressed.

build quality is very nice, and 5" fullHD is still the best trade-off between screen real-estate and comfort of one handed use. My Huweeieiae P8 with a 5.2" screen has been great, but bezel size notwithstanding I think this is the limit for me.

endless amount of xperia/android updates, but now on 7.1.1+.

really quite like the fingerprint reader embedded in the power button, perfect for my middle finger holding the phone left-handed as I am want to do.

Last edited by Jedibeeftrix; 2017-07-13 at 10:03.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
endless amount of xperia/android updates, but now on 7.1.1+.
I'm about to throw the damned thing away because of thes updates. Update, re-boot, update, re-boot, update... It's bee like that since yesterday evening, I haven't been able to use the phone att all.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
I'm about to throw the damned thing away because of thes updates. Update, re-boot, update, re-boot, update... It's bee like that since yesterday evening, I haven't been able to use the phone att all.
Same when i started up Moto Z the first time. And we laugh about Jolla update cascade after flash, guess its another "the grass is greener" circumstance.

Fingerprint sensor is also present on Z and i grew to like it. I hope the data is stored locally on the phone

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
just as painful if u ever factory reset a jolla and running through all the updates again

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jeffrey04 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 342 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
That's very annoying, indeed.

If you want to backup the Sony DRM keys before unlocking the phone (they will be lost after unlocking), do it before upgrading to Android 7.

What is amazing is that all needed tools were available for desktop linux. The DRM backup (backupTA based on DirtyCow!) and flash tool. I used Android SDK tools to unlock it using Sony's instructions and then install TWRP and a custom ROM. I'm happy because I don't have a Windows PC available.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jukk For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x