? Frankly, I don't quite get your latest line of outbursts. I wasn't suggesting that GolDeliCo should do *any* thing in *any* point - I was merely stating my experiences with sending packages to Russia (which, BTW, are in line with pichlo's ones). Obviously (also), my comment about "unknown reasons" was reffering to your own suggestion from #26, that it may depend "on city, or even street".

Where you see"suggestion to follow my superior insight" is anyone's guess - of course you would see it too, if you wouldn't be focusing on personal attacks with "i don't like you" rationale, for which yiu have long history of doing so.
---

Still, I know better than expect reasonable approach from someone who used to delete own posts with <6 thanks, to artifically keep thanks ratio high. Giving you a taste of your own "medicine":
*patronizing tone of joerg* "Your past behavior wasn't forgotten."
---

Considering (lack of) partner for conversation, I'll end it here, as our little "diplomatic" discussion is derailing thread, that should be focused on pichlo's worldwide shipping initiative - and, by extension, it may be hurting Neo900 project, which is more important than your little pathetic ego. Or mine, for that matter.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2014-01-25 at 15:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
? Frankly, I don't quite get your latest line of outbursts. I wasn't suggesting that GolDeliCo should do *any* thing in *any* point - I was merely stating my experiences with sending packages to Russia (which, BTW, are in line with pichlo's ones). Obviously (also), my comment about "unknown reasons" was reffering to your own suggestion from #26, that it may depend "on city, or even street".

Where you see"suggestion to follow my superior insight" is anyone's guess - of course you would see it too, if you wouldn't be focusing on personal attacks with "i don't like you" rationale, for which yiu have long history of doing so.
---

Still, I know better than expect reasonable approach from someone who used to delete own posts with <6 thanks, to artifically keep thanks ratio high. Giving you a taste of your own "medicine":
*patronizing tone of joerg* "Your past behavior wasn't forgotten."
---

Considering (lack of) partner for conversation, I'll end it here, as our little "diplomatic" discussion is derailing thread, that should be focused on pichlo's worldwide shipping initiative - and, by extension, it may be hurting Neo900 project, which is more important than your little pathetic ego. Or mine, for that matter.

/Estel
estel_ reverting to insults and lies, we hadn't expected anything different. Since your statement that I allegedly "used to" is already a lie, you will not feel surprised that I ask you to prove any such deletion by referring to one of the plenty available archives of tmo in internet. If you can't, I will refer to this my post (unless eventually I delete it for sake of saving other readers from having to waste time on the noise, sth I wish you would consider too sometimes ) as a proof of you being a liar when it serves your purpose to insult others or defend your point..

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-01-25 at 16:30.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Gentlemen, could you please relax and put down your weapons. Personal attacks do not help anyone.

For all I care, joerg_rw's repost of whitequark's IRC post (#21) is almost a verbatim copy of shanttu's internet link (#28). It is hard to accept that as a coincidence, it is more likely that one quotes the other or both quote from the same source. Curiously, none of them contains a link to an official statement by Pony Express, DHL etc, but as far as I am concerned, it is irrelevant since I am not going to use any of the listed couriers. They may have an issue with Russia due to delays but my experience is that Royal Mail ships to Russia just fine, albeit slowly.

For an added piece of mind, I will go and have a chat at my local Post Office on Monday. I wanted to wait with my reply until after that chat to give you solid facts but the last two posts made me react immediately.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
please note that this seems to be a pretty recent new situation strictly with express carriers, though similar problems been reported by PaulFertser a few years ago with a N900 sent from Nokia. He needed a company addr since Nokia wasn't able to ship to private address (see quote of DHL proforma invoice below).
http://ru-facts.com/news/view/30735.html
http://translate.google.com/translat...prekratit-dost
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...zb5Jf3o1aiNfVw
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...AwBChEPsXe9M7Q
http://eng.customs.ru/index.php?opti...id=32:news-cat (probably very old though hard to tell for sure, but somehow sounds quite related)
http://www.dhl.co.uk/en/express/ship...es_russia.html and
http://www.dhl.co.uk/content/dam/dow...s_template.doc
Ship to (no private individuals):
http://www.ebay.com/gds/Shipping-to-...8329630/g.html (about coins but still applicable)

HTH, I'm out of this particular topic now. I'm sure you'll find ways to manage all that mess. :-)
/j

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-01-26 at 02:29.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
To be clear, DHL, FedEx and UPS are not going to provide services for personal use anymore. I mean if you are not company you can't use them. It's related to the latest changes in laws and bureaucracy that makes it even harder for them.
http://www.foxbusiness.com/industrie...ies-to-russia/

I think it's related for finally getting fully supported service of PayPal in Russia, as before it was limited.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
This is what Royal Mail has to say on the topic of posting to Russia:

http://www.royalmail.com/russian%2520federation

I found that link on Saturday but went to the Post Office today as promised to ask if there is anything else I should know.
The result -
  • Express delivery to Russia is "temporarily suspended";
  • All other services work as usual.

So it was a useful exercise. I have learned something new today. I did not even know there was an express delivery service to non-UK addresses.

So, to reiterate, Russia is still on the list. But of course, the final decision is on you. As of today (2014-01-27), I have only one "customer" and that is not from Russia

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
It may be just me, but I think your offer isn't visible enough in Neo900 main thread's opening post. It is burried as The Very Last Link on the page - without self-explanatory title of what it's about - and, to make think more funny, it is JUST after link to post where it is stated that there *won't* be shipping to unsupported countries.

As always, it's just mere (and polite) suggestion - not demanding anything (some people need that repeated and sugar-coated ALL over again...) - but it might be sensible to give the link at least decent title, like: "For shipping to locations outside official list, see: <url_to_pichlo_post>".

BTW, huge thanks to DDark for updating first post of this thread with link to pichlo's offer and clear description.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Thanks Estel, and especially thanks Jörg. I did not even realize I've been linked to from the main thread's first post. That should teach me to re-read the first posts of interesting threads (I usually only read what's new and updated posts do not show up - wink wink ).

To be honest, I am quite happy with the visibility as it is. This thread is a sticky, the link to my offer is in the first post thanks to DDark, and now we know that it is also linked from the main thread's first post. Works fine for me. Those who want will find it. Those who don't find it probably shouldn't. Those who have found it and did not express an interest... well, you are probably still trying to figure out if I am a crook. Or have doubts if I can really pull it off. Or don't like the idea that you may end up paying the tax twice. Or may have a better way of ordering (like friends in "supported" countries etc, as we have seen with Jolla orders). Either way is fine. This offer is free and so are you.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Taiwan
I am grateful to pichlo's effort. Unfortunately I just got the additional bills to pay in each month, starting from this year. To purchase a device which may cost more than 300 EUR eventually seems not to be the right decision for my living recently.

So, good luck guys.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to darkranger For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Penang, Malaysia
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Thanks Jörg and sorry to bother you with silly questions, but this is quite an important and risky step that I am embarking on so one can never be careful enough.

Ladies and gentlemen, a worldwide shipping is open!

I am happy to serve as a proxy for Neo900 preorders from "unsupported" countries. I do it as a service for this project (to hopefully boost the preorder numbers) and to this community. I intend to remain cash neutral, i.e. I do NOT want to make money on it, but nor do I want to lose too much. Please read the T&C below and we will take it from there.

I would also welcome if the OP updated the first post of this thread to include a link to this post.

Terms and Conditions

Please read the following carefully. I appreciate it is rather long but it is crucial that we both understand what we get ourselves into. This service is based, and depends heavily, on mutual trust. A potentially substantial amount of money is involved, as well as a significant element of risk for both parties, and I would really prefer not to proceed if either of us has even the slightest doubt about any aspect of the operation.

1. You make the first step by PM me. Requests through this thread will not be taken into account. I reserve a full right to check your details as well as details about shipping to your specific destination and veto any request. I reserve a time of 7 (seven) days for this process.

2. PayPal or international bank transfer only. Once details are clear and approved, I kindly request that you send your funds to my PayPal or bank account. Once the money is received, I will forward it immediately as a donation to the Neo900 project on your behalf.

3. I live in the UK and my finances are held in Pounds Sterling. Neo900 receives donations/preorders in Euros. Due to daily currency rate fluctuations and the time international monetary operations take, a small amount of money may be lost or gained between the time you send the money, I receive it and the Neo900 team receives it. I will provide full transparency of the cash flow but cannot be held responsible for these small losses or gains. Consequently, I kindly request that you add a 10 to 20% margin to make sure that €100 or more reaches the Neo900 team even after a double conversion.

4. Details of further payments depend on the Neo900 project (the final balance) and your country (the postage costs). I will charge only what the carrier charges me. In most cases, the carrier will be Royal Mail who provides a transparent postage cost calculator so you can easily verify the cost.

5. Finished devices will be shipped to you in the order in which I received donations from you.

6. Packages will be shipped by international tracked post. In some cases the tracking applies along the whole way, but in most cases it ends at the UK border. Sorry, there is not much I can do about it, but at least you will know that it has left the UK.

7. Delivery times depend hugely on the destination country. As an example, I know from personal experience that private shipping to Russia or parts of Moldova may take well in excess of 60 (sixty) days.

8. IMPORTANT! Customs, import tax and other issues are the recipient's responsibility. The package may be held on the entry to your country until you pay all applicable taxes and other fees. I am not a tax entity and cannot take the VAT off before shipping to non-EU countries, where local taxes may apply. That means that it is quite likely that you will end up paying much more than what you would if you were on the "supported countries" list. Please be aware of that.

9. It has been announced that the preorder window may close at some time, although it has not been announced when this would be. This offer applies only while the window is open, but I am a private entity and do not have the capacity to handle hundreds of requests so I may close the offer sooner.
Hi, Pichlo. I would like to ask, is it possible to send to Malaysia?
I'm really looking forward to this device and I cannot even donate at Golden Delicious web

Tags
neo900, shipping