Posts: 80 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Guatemala
Hi Aleksandra, thanks for your support.
The last couple of days i've some issues with the application,
it stopped sending messages, every time i try to send one, shows a notification with the following text: "Searching for data connection..."
and nothing happens.

What can i do?

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by Aleksandra View Post
Hi all,

thank you for trying out our app and providing very qualitative feedback.

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier, I was following the other thread and overseen this one.

To answer most of your question, I want to mention that we're adding functionalities like Add contacts, Settings, etc. in the nearest future, same with media sending.

Push notifications should be working if your app is closed (not in background), the behavior for the app when in background will be optimized as well.

Facebook issue: we're working on this issue, as soon as an update will be available, all subscribers will receive an update.

Maemo: we don't officially support maemo as it is no Qt, so you might experience some bugs with it.

Please let me know here in the comments or via meego@ebuddyxms.zendesk.com if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Aleksandra
eBuddy XMS Team

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
What does she mean with maemo not qt? Maemo has qt or am I wrong, I am not a developper so I might miss some things...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
What does she mean with maemo not qt? Maemo has qt or am I wrong, I am not a developper so I might miss some things...
Maemo5 doesn't have up-to-date Qt libraries and doesn't support Qt components. That's why app developers are not interested in porting Harmattan apps to Maemo5 because the UI has to be re-done.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
Maemo5 doesn't have up-to-date Qt libraries and doesn't support Qt components. That's why app developers are not interested in porting Harmattan apps to Maemo5 because the UI has to be re-done.
CSSU does has the latest qt libraries and components...

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
The UX design/guidelines would still be different.
One thing at a time, they need focus on getting N9 working very well 1st.
"Maybe" later N900 can come....

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
CSSU does has the latest qt libraries and components...
But, you can't publish to Ovi store requiring software from the repositories.

IMHO, this is the *one* reason why Nokia should have released another PR for N900, just to get QtQuick etc. officially supported at least to the level of Harmattan PR1.1 and Symbian Anna.

WE need Maemo version of ebuddy ,nice meego view though .

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
This is for Maemo... Maemo 6x...
MeeGo is a offensive name for many reasons (aside from being inaccurate).
I never refer to it as MeeGo anymore, neither should anyone else.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Switzerland
So I installed Ebuddy XMS and at first it worked well but after half a day the push was not working anymore and I would receive the messages only when I was with the app on the screen. The messages were not received when the app was in the multitasking.

I have the 3G network internet connection set on automatic and when the push for ebuddy was active my phone would be connected to the internet most of the time and the idle power consumption going up form ~10 mA to 70mA even though I don't receive any XMS messages. Even if someone sends me a message and the phone is like this connected, I don't receive the message (as said above I have to be with the app active on the screen). So what is the point of ebuddy keeping my phone connected if it doesn't get the messages... When deactivating the automatic connection and leaving the push ON, the phone keeps asking me to connect to the internet. In the end I deactivated the push and the phone is acting normal again but I cant use the app.

i noticed that and this is specifically to iPhone users. It seems that when I am chatting with my friends (who are on iPhones), half way through, the message starts to be lost somewhere in the server, I see the acknowledgment sent to server but I don't see the acknowledgement sent to the users. I am pretty confident that they did not close the app because we are in the middle of a conversation and it happened to me on both friends using iPhone. I have another friend using Symbian phone and it doesn't seem to display this issue.

Anyone experiencing this?