Notices

Howdy!

Time for another announcement

Xbmcremote 1.1 for Harmattan just hit the Nokia Store! Here's the changelog:

- Added an itemdetails dialog for the curently playing media
- Completeley reworked the keypad (hopefully for good)
- Added a feature to search in lists (pull the list down to get the searchbar)
- Added feature to download media from your Xbmc to your phone (long-tap in the lists)
- And many more UI tunings and bugfixes you reported (thanks for that).

Some words on the keypad:
This is somewhat experimental. I hope you all like it. In my opinion the new keypad is easier to use without looking at the phone. For basic navigation, pull the select-button to the direction you want to move. For fast walking through lists, keep the select-button pressed until it vibrates twice. Keep pressed and move to the direction you want to scroll. The further you move your finger, the faster it scrolls.
There is now also a way to enter text at xbmc using the mobile phones virtual keyboard. Every key you press will be directly submitted. To close the keyboard, press the enter-key. I couldn't find a way yet to replace the enter-key with a "close" button. If someone knows how to do this, let me know.
Please let me know how you get along with it. After using it for an afternoon I thought its better than what I had before and decided to publish it.

That's it,
Happy remote-controlling!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Hi

Thanks for the update. I'm testing it right now and the updates are very appreciated. The new keypad feels weird at first but after using it for a while you get used to it.

This is my favourite app in the n9.

Thanks a lot.

The Following User Says Thank You to javiermon For This Useful Post:
Hi again,

Small bug: You can pull the search widget in the first page of Videos (the one with the Movies, TVShows) and Music (Artists and Albums) but I don't seem to get any results there... maybe that search widget shouldn't appear in those places?

And a small request, when I long tap on Videos or Albums a menu appears with the option to rescan collection, can you also add the option to clean the database? It's handy when I've renamed videos and somehow xbmc hasn't noticed (doesn't happen a lot, but it does). This option is available in the standard web remote.

Thanks!

First off, what a great app. I used it a couple of times to control my OpenELEC install and it is just great.

Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
I couldn't find a way yet to replace the enter-key with a "close" button. If someone knows how to do this, let me know.
You should be able to set a text, or icon, using the platformSipAttributes of the TextField. This property holds a SipAttributes element, which has an actionKeyIcon property which should set this icon. You could also set the actionKeyLabel to set a text for the button, which is what I'm using my app.

Last edited by RobertMe; 2012-06-01 at 15:02.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Hmm cant navigate menus with the new version?

If I click on the left/right/up/down nothing happens not even haptic feedback? (only middle button works)

Last version in store did work.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-06-03 at 09:26.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
tap middle button and slide to right/left/top/bottom

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wout.martens For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
To the dev. How do write nfc tag to autom open XBMC remote application?
Just interested to know how this is done.

Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
Howdy!

Time for another announcement

Xbmcremote 1.1 for Harmattan just hit the Nokia Store! Here's the changelog:

- Added an itemdetails dialog for the curently playing media
- Completeley reworked the keypad (hopefully for good)
- Added a feature to search in lists (pull the list down to get the searchbar)
- Added feature to download media from your Xbmc to your phone (long-tap in the lists)
- And many more UI tunings and bugfixes you reported (thanks for that).

Some words on the keypad:
This is somewhat experimental. I hope you all like it. In my opinion the new keypad is easier to use without looking at the phone. For basic navigation, pull the select-button to the direction you want to move. For fast walking through lists, keep the select-button pressed until it vibrates twice. Keep pressed and move to the direction you want to scroll. The further you move your finger, the faster it scrolls.
There is now also a way to enter text at xbmc using the mobile phones virtual keyboard. Every key you press will be directly submitted. To close the keyboard, press the enter-key. I couldn't find a way yet to replace the enter-key with a "close" button. If someone knows how to do this, let me know.
Please let me know how you get along with it. After using it for an afternoon I thought its better than what I had before and decided to publish it.

That's it,
Happy remote-controlling!
is this available for N900 too?

in Nokia store i get:"Sorry, this item is not available for the Nokia N900"

When browsing music in file mode instead of library mode, the folders' names are replaced by the Album Name of a (the first?) track inside the folder.

Originally Posted by javiermon View Post
Hi again,

Small bug: You can pull the search widget in the first page of Videos (the one with the Movies, TVShows) and Music (Artists and Albums) but I don't seem to get any results there... maybe that search widget shouldn't appear in those places?
Yep, I'll remove it from there. Thanks.

Originally Posted by javiermon View Post
And a small request, when I long tap on Videos or Albums a menu appears with the option to rescan collection, can you also add the option to clean the database? It's handy when I've renamed videos and somehow xbmc hasn't noticed (doesn't happen a lot, but it does). This option is available in the standard web remote.
The new API does not support that yet. However, now that I have added support for legacy commands anyways, I think I can add it. Haven't yet checked how the webinterface does it, so no promise so far.