Active Topics

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Pakistan
I was a very happy user of Nokia N9 for last 5 months; I don’t know what comes to my mind to go for Nokia Lumia 800. As I was using Nokia N9 for couple of months, I decided to change my Cellphone and I made a huge mistake to buy Nokia Lumia 800. I gave my old N9 to my brother and bought a New Nokia Lumia 800.
When I got my lumia 800, I was excited (the main reason was the sexy hardware same as Nokia N9). The more I use Lumia, the more I miss my N9, there are so many reasons why Lumia 800 can’t reach the level of N9. First the OS, Windows OS Sucks bigtime in front of Meego, it’s a very restricted OS. You cannot send or receive files from other cellphone via buletooth. Now comes the Multitasking which is a BIG LOL on Lumia 800, I mean it, just see some videos on youtube how the crap OS handles the multitasking (just holding the back button for 1-2 seconds and It will show you different windows, which they called multitasking). While on the other hand Nokia N9 handles multitasking brilliantly, by just swiping on the screen will get to you on Multitasking screen, where you can see all the live apps.
Now there is no front facing camera on Nokia Lumia 800 (Elop said it’s a first Real Windows Phone, What a shitty Joke Mr.Elop). No video calling on Lumia right now, maybe when they release Skype (which is not going to be free on Windows Market I am sure) will have an option for video Call. Nokia N9 has front facing camera and they have already released the update PR 1.2 with video calling facilities on Gtalk (which is a free app on Nokia Store) and I am sure they are going to release an app for video calling on Skype.
The most irritating thing in Lumia 800 is, why I have to connect my Facebook account with Live ID, so that I can chat on my phone, I mean WHY? The reason why I’m writing all this, I made a stupid decision to go for Nokia Lumia 800 and ditching My Beloved Nokia N9 :’(. Lumia is crap, you can’t even update your phone OTA, you have to connect the phone to your PC (with Zune Software), and the stupid software will give you stupid errors while checking updates. Nokia You made a terrible decision to go for Windows OS and abandoning your super fast, outstanding Meego OS. I am getting to hate my Nokia Lumia 800.
By Fahad Majidi..
Attached Images

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fahad Majidi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Newcastle
TBH, it was a totally mongysupermarket thing to do in the first place!

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
TC, about the WP shortcomings...

you weren't aware of them?!
You just hit the road and bought a Lumia 800 without making a typical research about the phone...the OS... etc...?

makes no sense...complaining now about let's say... "bluetooth file transfer" or "mass storage mode"...and so on

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Consider yourself lucky that the N9 was launched in Pakistan in the first place. I'm sure you'll be able to find someone to take the Lumia off your hands and get another N9.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
LOL dude wtf were you thinking buying a windows phone??? Haven't you learned anything from this forum?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Beat up your brother and take back your N9. He will understand.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
n9 is the best nokia product atm

He must feel as though you are the best brother in the world.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Pakistan
I already Have nokia N9 White in My draw just bought 2 days back

The Following User Says Thank You to Fahad Majidi For This Useful Post:
I was just about to suggest you wrestle back the N9 from your bro and dump the lumia to him, lol.

Last edited by eaglehelang; 2012-04-12 at 19:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eaglehelang For This Useful Post:

Tags
brain damage