Has anyone tried the N900 with the Mercedes MHI Bluetooth adapter.
It is a great system that integrates the phone with the car.

In addition to the audio integration, the phone book gets downloaded to the car and can be scrolled in the center of the speedometer or on the command unit.

I am planning to order an N900 and this has been great with my current phone.

Thanks

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Admit it. You just wanted to tell everyone you drive a merc.

I would imagine that any standard bluetooth would work. Good luck.

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND
Should do i have a Mercedes viano and my n97 worked with that phone.

Originally Posted by nuknuk View Post
Should do i have a Mercedes viano and my n97 worked with that phone.
Thank you nuknuk. The reason I asked is that most of the Nokia phones are not on the approved list including the N97.

I currently use the cradle that has an external antenna connector which is useful with the TMO coverage in my area. I saw today that they have an iPhone cradle but I don't have high hopes of an N900 cradle. So, my plan was to switch to the BT adapter.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Is there a way to transfer contact information form N900 via bluetooth to your car? The N900 specs do not mention pbap-support. I have a 1-series BMW and this functionality works with N85.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bologna - Italy
I.

I have a normal ford Focus ( and not a beautifull BMW ).
My N900 works great with the bluetooth stereo and when I connect them toghere I can phone and use the phonelist.
I don't know if the N900 will work with the BMW system, but if Novurania want to come near Bologna ( Italy ) where I live, I will enjoy to test my N900 in your beautifull BMW :-)

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bologna - Italy
Ok ... I like the Mercedes like BMW :-)

Sorry for my mistake :-)

bluetooth didn't work with my BMW 330xi. the phone pairs fine, but immediately disconnects.

If it worked with anyone, please let me know.

@mattone you got the phonelist working ie the phonebook?

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chicago, IL
I own 2008 BMW 335i. The Nokia N900 syncs with my Logic 7 car audio system, however only as a bluetooth head set. Basically, this means that you can only accept, reject and end phone calls once they come in.

There is no phone book being transferred to the Logic 7 car audio.

The issue is that the N900 uses obex data exchange which is missing the PBAP bluetooth profile. PBAP is the standard for phone book synchronisation between bluetooth capable devices. Almost the entire car industry uses it including the aftermarket manufacturers with their head units.

Now, the trick is to obtain PBAP support for N900. From what I can gather, this involves recompiling the obexd with PBAP support and then pray to the gods that it won't crash.

As an example, my T-mobile G1 has full PBAP support and it works great. It even made it to the list of approved bluetooth phones by BMW.

P.S.:
The reason why this works on Ford vehicles is because Ford slept in bed with Microsoft and they have a small Windows based PC inside of the cars which supports all kinds of bluetooth profiles. Its called Sync by Microsoft and it is definitely non-standard solution.