Originally Posted by Pachysandra View Post
Exactly the same issue here. Get's stuck on the second dot from the left
Yeah, fakin' 2nd dot, I was scared to death, my brand new baby is dead after just couple of hourse of playing with it, fortunately I fixed in less than 5 minutes with flasher

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
is there any way to see the boot up messages? Someone has to find a way to take down that nice graphical boot screen and show the raw kernel messages when it's booting. Really the only way to see where it's stopping in the boot process.

The Following User Says Thank You to pagesix1536 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 293 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
Exactly, where are the bootloader and kernel params ? ]:-) I really kinda want s/slpash quiet// hehe

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Perhaps like desktop Linux there is a key you can press while booting to switch off the splash screen?

Mind you, that is of no use unless there is also a way to failsafe boot or something.

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
Originally Posted by pagesix1536 View Post
Really the only way to see where it's stopping in the boot process.
I wonder if the dots mean anything, like the old LILO boot 'logo' did.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by netko drugi View Post
Anyway, the problem is that I tried to restart it couple of minutes ago and I just can't do it, it sucks on the white dots?!
guess the n900 is doing a fsck

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by johnnyrockets911 View Post
I think you meant "Boot"
Thread title adjusted.

Originally Posted by pagesix1536 View Post
is there any way to see the boot up messages?
In previous Maemo releases there was not. As I understand it, this was because Maemo did not include framebuffer support. I suspect that hasn't changed.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2009-11-28 at 15:26. Reason: merging posts

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Actually, the previous tablets did in fact have framebuffer support - you just needed to know where to get the drivers

i´d suggest that you look here for more information

take into note though that that stuff mostly applies to the N800/N810 - and i´m fairly shure that those drivers arn´t 100% compatible with the N900´s fremebuffer - allthough if you´re brave enough i´m shure it´s worth a try (but if you do, DON´T use the bootmenu on that site - it´s outdated - use this one instead - it´s compatible with RX-51 hardware )
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Simply unbelievable, it continued with random restarts after the brick issue and after flashing it with the latest firmware and guess what!? IT IS BRICKED AGAIN! Yes you read it right, again with no reason, just one of the often restart but this time it stuck on the da** 2nd dot once again.

OK, I'll flash it and fix it again but this is not something that average user will expect from device with the price tag of fakin' 500 EUROS!?!??!!!!

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Did you have your tablet connected to PC in mass storage mode and then took out the cable without proper unmounting / stop using USB device in both scenario?
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Tags
lack of quality control