Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I have Lumia 800 and N9. Lumia 800 is the European version, so I dont get the benefits of 3g on the ATT or T-mobile, and N9, of course, works well on both.

Lumia 800 is way smoother and more pleaseant user experience. There is no stuttering, lagging, and general feeling that you are being waterboarded. Lumia 800 has the greatest email I have seen on the touchphone, and since I use email a LOT, I love it. N9 email plainly sucks. It doesnt save my drafts if for some reason I move away from the email, and the whole multitasking is a myth. Nothing happens in the background of N9. A myth. and that 1Gb of RAM is wasted on N9.
I have no desire to get L900 as L800 is pretty much the same and I like its form factor, but I can see how few of the individuals above are having a good time with it.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Congrats on your new toy nokiaqueen (and likewise gerbick).

I could have guessed how this topic was going to turn out from the topic title and don't believe you need to defend your choice, you have the phone you wanted and you like it. No one should be made to feel like a target for their choice of phone especially when its someone who has fair understanding of the mobile market.

We have to remember that both nokiaqueen and gerbick are not new to the forums and have been frequent posters here on maemo.org for a number of years now. They have also been on this Nokia rollercoaster with the rest of us and know full well what the score was with this MS & lumia ride. They did not go and buy their phones out of pure fanboy/girl blindness or buy into the hype of some sales tripe and then join the forum to troll some of us more ardent Nokia fans. If they (or any other TMO) user buys a lumia device and wants to sing the praises of a feature or comment on what the pro's and cons are of the handset, then I for one would be happy to read what they have to say.

It seems that we are forever reading polarised views on these things, beit Elop and his marketing machined WP7 fanboys or naysayers who don't believe Nokia can do anything right, it is quite refreshing to hear the honest reviews from a trusted poster of the forum. IMO their comments should be respected even if we still can't agree with their views. We can alway use this as an opportunity to ask more questions from a device owner that we know will give an honest and unbiased view point. There might even be a few surprises to learn.

Personally I would like to ask how is they call quality of the L900? I do understand there was the hic up at launch and props to Nokia for sorting that so damn fast, so with that now sorted I am interested to know if the call quality is back to the standards that you would expect from Nokia.

Edit: Sorry, went of on a tangent.
thanks appreciate your comment The call quality is excellent..I don't even have to put the phone next to my ear and I can hear clearly what the other person is saying...speaker is LOUD..works great and well ofcourse, you can adjust the volume to your liking.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiaqueen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I have Lumia 800 and N9. Lumia 800 is the European version, so I dont get the benefits of 3g on the ATT or T-mobile, and N9, of course, works well on both.

Lumia 800 is way smoother and more pleaseant user experience. There is no stuttering, lagging, and general feeling that you are being waterboarded. Lumia 800 has the greatest email I have seen on the touchphone, and since I use email a LOT, I love it. N9 email plainly sucks. It doesnt save my drafts if for some reason I move away from the email, and the whole multitasking is a myth. Nothing happens in the background of N9. A myth. and that 1Gb of RAM is wasted on N9.
I have no desire to get L900 as L800 is pretty much the same and I like its form factor, but I can see how few of the individuals above are having a good time with it.
Nokia already sent out the update for L900, came early did L800 users get one too?

Yes, recently for battery life fix...

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Congrats.

Though you should keep in mind that moving on forward, not backward, means keeping your N900 at hand.

Please don't hesitate to comment on the L900 OS and the display. I am curious to hear how is the display doing as Nokia internet tablet.

MicroB vs the Microsoft -- how many full website browser windows can you open at the same time on the L900?

Thanks!!
I can have 6 websites open with explorer...so max 6 tabs..and all websites are active and running

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
Um, I'd venture to guess he means only an American could be stupid enough to think Windows Mobile is "smooth and runs perfectly".
Only some kind of European could think that he could characterise someone so easily by his country of origin. I have known plenty of idiots from different countries.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nokiaqueen View Post
to each his own

unlimited data isn't really needed because in the US we get free wifi just about everywhere So, I barely need to use my data anyways. Regarding the internet probs, Nokia already stated they'd be giving $100 back to all Nokia lumia users along with sending an update on the 16 Also most people got it free anyways upon signing a new contract with AT&T, so basically, Nokia has payed me to have the Lumia..what can be sweeter than that hehe
You misunderstood, not refering internet connection problems in US. Ya, that's why I said in the other reply many dont understand the significance(that happens a lot) & think we are some financially poor fellas who cant afford iphones(which just happened recently on this forum itself)

Last edited by eaglehelang; 2012-04-14 at 02:51.

I am from the US. US sucks. Lumia Rocks!!!!

Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
Funny how the fact that it was a North American who made 'em do it escaped you. Although you won't ever hear me say anything positive about the rest of the board either for going along with him.
Funnier how those Finns fell for it. They hired them. Blame those lames for finding an ineffective, Microsoft affiliated CEO.

Place the blame right where it belongs... on that board you don't care about within the company you somehow seem to continue to care about.

Simply put, idiotic board of directors, idiotic CEO hire, idiotic claims of turning things around, idiotic string of events that we've all bear witness to... you want to point out who did what to whom, problem is that the Nokia board invited this dimwit into their fold.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
lol yeah, Lumiaman has new friends, my n9 never lagging or stuttering, u just doesnt know how to handle linux machine, ur just like ur name, m$ *****