Notices

Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
Don't know about metal slug but i'm using marble.zip 413kb for marble madness and works fine.
That's odd, I've got a complete MAME 136 ROMset and marble.zip is only 189KB. MAMEUI32 audits that ROM as best available.

I thought SDLMAME was using MAME build 136 -why wouldn't it accept a 136-build ROM?

And where did you get/what version of MAME is your 413KB rom from?

Originally Posted by oldpmaguy View Post
That's odd, I've got a complete MAME 136 ROMset and marble.zip is only 189KB. MAMEUI32 audits that ROM as best available.

I thought SDLMAME was using MAME build 136 -why wouldn't it accept a 136-build ROM?

And where did you get/what version of MAME is your 413KB rom from?
i thought it uses 135

on my pc i tried the 413kb rom with 0.136 and it doesnt work but i tried the same rom on 0.135 and it worked the only thing which i think is the difference is that i put a load of bios roms on 0.135 and in my sdlmame on my n900 and that made a few roms load.

is it ok to quote rom archive sites in the forums????

use a tool to validate the sets of roms you have to the version of mame you use. try this tool:

www.romcenter.com

Well I'd probably just use CLRMAME. Is it 135 then, for SDLMAME?

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by oldpmaguy View Post
Well I'd probably just use CLRMAME. Is it 135 then, for SDLMAME?
That's right, current version of SDLMAME is 135u3 as can be seen from App Manager or the package page. I will probably skip 136 entirely as 137 should be out soon. There was a transition to a combined release for SDLMAME and MAME during 136 and there were some build problems, so what with having no time for it anyway, it seemed a good idea to give it a version or so for the problems to settle out upstream.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Sounds like a plan. i will look forward to testing it..

now about these partial updates that pop-up....................only kidding.

And there it is, right on queue (pun intended): the MAME 0.137 release.

So, good news and bad news. First, the bad news--i haven't made any improvements to SDLMAME, and SDLMAME is no more.

Now, the good news--the upstream developers have been busy improving MAME (which is the whole point of tracking upstream sources... here's the changelog for 0.137), and the SDLMAME project, which was maintained on the side by a few of the main MAME developers to provide non-windows compatibility, was folded into the mainline project.

SDLMAME is now MAME. When you install it, it will replace SDLMAME.

The other good news is that it builds for Maemo 5 with only a minor patch, which is good because it means less mucking about fixing things. My next release will actually be to add some features and Maemo-specific improvements. No promises about when though.

mame (0.137-0maemo1) unstable; urgency=low

* New upstream release. Builds with only minor patching!
* Package name changed to reflect merge of SDLMAME project with mainline.
Upstream source is now the main MAME project at http://mamedev.org.
* Settings moved into mame.ini from startup script.
* Configuration directory is now $HOME/.mame (/home/user/.mame). Users with
custom settings will need to migrate the changes from the deprecated
$HOME/.sdlmame directory.

-- Flandry <davidfalkayn@gmail.cmo> Fri, 12 Mar 2010 02:30:01 -0500

I enabled the autorotate in the mame.ini file. You'll find it's almost impossible to play games that get rotated due to the controls being not rotated, so you can either change that line back by editing the file (autorol 0), edit the config file for the affected game to give better keymaps, adapt your reflexes, or wait until somebody else makes the config file and shares it or i change accelemymote to allow rotating the axes.

Here's a guide to the mame.ini settings.

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-03-12 at 19:41.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
@Flandry

Tried to install mame but it says conflict with application package - sdlmame.

Do i need to uninstall sdlmame before installing??

I guess HAM doesn't handle Conflicts and Replaces as it is supposed to, sorry. If it doesn't let you proceed, you'll have to do it manually as you describe.

It works great with dpkg.

MAME 137, that's great Flandry. So are you saying that the MAME people are now the direct porters/supporters of MAME for the N900? I guess that's the best thoing we could hope for, no? Please let me know if I'm understanding you correctly here.

It probably would be best to uninstall SDLMAME before "updating" to the app now named MAME, right? That would make sense, and probably wouldn't hurt?

I'm gonna go update my roms right away, and try out Marble Madness!

The Following User Says Thank You to oldpmaguy For This Useful Post:

Tags
arcade, emulator, game, maemo 5, mame, wip