Poll: What phone would you rather have?
Poll Options
What phone would you rather have?

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Ames IA, USA
The Nokia Lumia 900 was announced a few weeks ago as a successor to the Nokia Lumia 800.

(http://thenokiafanclub.blogspot.com/2012/02/us-microsoft-stores-start-accepting.html)

It is Nokia's first 4G LTE Phone. So far it is only available to North America through AT&T. The international version will be released sometime this year.

There is no better place I could think to get opinions than the maemo community. I love my N9 and want to keep it, however the Lumia 900 is tempting. (However I don't like the fact that there is no memory card slot). I do like how it makes use of the front facing camera for clear skype video calls. (http://thenokiafanclub.blogspot.com/2012/03/skype-for-windows-phone-mobile-app-has.html)
I would like to ask the Maemo Community what they think about the Lumia 900 (Not the Lumia 800) and the N9. Which would you rather have?

Thanks Maemo Community!

The Following User Says Thank You to txh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
N9, no question... Windows phone is not on the top of any list of any phone I'd use. I'd go to an Iphone long before I used a Nokia Windows phone. Yes I've used one for 3 weeks and no I didn't like it at all.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
nokia wp7 already failed in my country, i have not seen more than 5 persons using lumia

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to youmeego For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
nokia wp7 already failed in my country, i have not seen more than 5 persons using lumia
In the US T-Mobile gives the Lumia 710 away for free... Piece of ****. Windows was a dead OS without Nokia.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 84 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Ames IA, USA
Thanks for the opinion guys, I'm gonna stick with the N9.

The Following User Says Thank You to txh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
with the same range price better go off with sgs2 for now, better support, play all kind of video, amazing flash performance, great screen, but its android, sigh

I have the N9 and extremelly happy with it, specially since PR1.2. But since I'm with Rogers in Canada, I'm also gonna get the Lumia 900 and give it to my wife (meaning I'm getting the Lumia 900 for myself and letting her make phone calls on it...lol) But I strongly doubt the Lumia will steal me away from the N9, im just getting it since im my renewal time anyways.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IsaacDFP For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Put simply, if you are even the slightest bit technically inclined... you will definitely want to stick with the N9. WP7 devices will suit the typical fruit owner perfectly though...

Originally Posted by txh View Post
The Nokia Lumia 900 was announced a few weeks ago as a successor to the Nokia Lumia 800.

(http://thenokiafanclub.blogspot.com/2012/02/us-microsoft-stores-start-accepting.html)

It is Nokia's first 4G LTE Phone. So far it is only available to North America through AT&T. The international version will be released sometime this year.

There is no better place I could think to get opinions than the maemo community. I love my N9 and want to keep it, however the Lumia 900 is tempting. (However I don't like the fact that there is no memory card slot). I do like how it makes use of the front facing camera for clear skype video calls. (http://thenokiafanclub.blogspot.com/2012/03/skype-for-windows-phone-mobile-app-has.html)
I would like to ask the Maemo Community what they think about the Lumia 900 (Not the Lumia 800) and the N9. Which would you rather have?

Thanks Maemo Community!
txh,

i have each n9, and lumia 800, and i can not wait for luma 900!

my n9s(black,white64gb) are both collecting dust in my closet. lumia 800 is a joy to use with fresh, vibrant OS in windows 7.5. nokia is bringing updates out quite frequently for any issues which may become.

n9, just got boring to use. lumia 800 feels fresh everyday.

Originally Posted by asadkhan1988 View Post
txh,

i have each n9, and lumia 800, and i can not wait for luma 900!

my n9s(black,white64gb) are both collecting dust in my closet. lumia 800 is a joy to use with fresh, vibrant OS in windows 7.5. nokia is bringing updates out quite frequently for any issues which may become.

n9, just got boring to use. lumia 800 feels fresh everyday.
Please take your heresy to another board....

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post: