Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Iphone4S comming to sweden 28 october.

Now lets see how many will get N9 until that date?

My guess is 4 persons.....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
well after the keynote apple sealed my second thought. i dont have any thoughts anymore. can i get N9 in USA yet?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
I went to a (different) mobilezone shop in zürich today and was told (again) that the actual phones are arriving next week. they had a few N9 dummies for me to play around with though
Here is what i think of the colors:

"Magenta": it is pink. Really really pink. From the promotion pictures on the web i thought it would be more of a pastel-color (and a bit dull), but on the dummy-phone it was very flashy. (Maybe not for me^^)
Edit: on closer inspection the mediocre display of my laptop is to blame, the promo-pics of the N9 look much better on my Eizo screen

"Cyan": Brilliant, i love that color. It goes very well together with the deep-black screen (still a dummyphones screen though) Back looks good too, i had the fear the camera module would look awkwardly small when paired with a light color.

"Black": it looked disappointingly dull next to the other two colors. it also isn't really black, it is more like "dark grey", similar to (i think) the E7 and N8 "dark grey" versions. It looked meh compared to the deep black of the screen. Maybe a flashy lockscreen on a working N9 would help...

(The black dummy had some weird scuff marks on the plastic next to the "glass" screen which made me wonder if it's made of the same supposedly high-grade polycarbonate the production devices are made of, maybe they'll vastly differ in color too...)

I don't really know what to do now, i've pre-ordered a black 64GB version three weeks ago and it should arrive any day, but somehow it looks a bit dull (but still great compared to other phones) and i would kick myself if a few weeks from now there would be a cyan 64GB version available.

So what should i do? Is there any info yet on the (non)-existence of a cyan 64gb Nokia N9?

Last edited by Hydroponies; 2011-10-04 at 20:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hydroponies For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Metsämies View Post
How abot TV-out? Does it support HDMI 720p or not?
I gather you've only just started following the N9?
No 480i only (i.e. standard definition) via the 3.5mm jack for countries that use the NTSC standard.*
However streaming of 1080p using DLNA + 802.11an MAY eventually be possible, or at least 720p.
You'll need a media player or TV that supports DLNA, & has 802.11an built-in or is addable.

*in PAL/SECAM countries it's 576i

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-04 at 19:30.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Denmark
Jaylist. Its partly true, Nokia has failed because of symbian and poor hardware (i.e. n97)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lindegaard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I gather you've only just started following the N9?
i can't wait for all the new threads of "hellllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppp"
as the title haha. remember the n900 release??

oh and the complaint threads about the retalers and telcom providers. the trolls won't know what to do with themselves they'll have so many threads to infect with their existential nihilism. should add trollisitic nihilism to the definitions or existential trollism haha.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
I think the admins of this forum should cleanup all the rants and whining (including myself) and FUD

When the device is release we dont want to scare away new users from this forum or N9. Better Elop doing that not we!!!

(Thats why I should learn to shut up on Meegosweden too so it doesn't give that bad reputation as this forum. Meegosweden has weekly new members now :O

from know on I will shut up.

for 10 seconds...

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Hm... if everything goes really well, I could have my N9 by Saturday

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Ofcourse we dont get those problems its Linux.

Even N900 without CSSU works better than symbians peace of ****

(make me even more angry WHY Did they npow realise this already 2009 and whiped out symbian and go Maemo! Damn symbian fanatics inside Nokia! I blame them for the WP **** strategy!!
Annoying thing is, there's still a rabid Symbian base, whom are constantly chanting for Symbian over Maemo.
In most Nokia related stories, in the comments section, you're almost guaranteed a majority of comments like:

Please can we have Belle now, and please bring C, & D, & don't worry about WP!
Most of them don't even know MeeGo/Maemo/Mer exists, or care.
It could've been so different, if it weren't for the whle N900 cock-up... sigh.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
with the front cam not even available to use with camera app......
http://store.ovi.com/content/195939 proves you wrong. Wonder what else you missed....?

----

Oh well. Yes, not for the inbuilt cam app. Just like N900 then =D But we do have skype with video even it wasn't exactly a phone for the masses.

Last edited by Mandibela; 2011-10-04 at 20:37.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandibela For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????