Notices

I was surfing again with my N810 and noticed that a lot of the small screen is usely taken up by ads.
I wondered if there is a browser with an adblocker (plugin) for the N8x0 out there? Or if anyone is interested in writing one?
It would be a significant improvement for the webbrowsing experience, imho.

The Following User Says Thank You to iamthewalrus For This Useful Post:
Maemo browser-extras has Flashblock and Adblock Plus extensions for the bundled microB browser.

However, despite browser extensions being mentioned in Nokia's product description for the N8*0, they are in fact maintained (or rather were built) by some volunteers and may not be updated along with the browser (which is under Nokia's wings).

I recall reading here that Adblock didn't work with the latest microB version which was part of the latest "SSU" update two weeks ago, but it might've been one of those mysteries.

Likewise, Privoxy is great, but it hasn't been updated in eons either. (Maybe people could chime in if it still works under "Diablo"?)

The "hosts' and/or 'userContent.css method" is recommended by/for some of the more geeky types.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ A quiet place.
I haven't had a whole lot of time to investigate the problem, but I've been having
issues with Privoxy on my N800 running Diablo.