Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2013 @ ShenZhen,China
Hi all,

I use ubiboot to install harmattan PR1.3 & nemo &nitdriod,
they all worked well yestoday.

but now.
---When I boot up my N9 phone (with meego PR1.3 ),i cannot enter the hole desktop and it just shows NOKIA LOGO and light circle loops.

---but the volumle bar is normal when i press volum+ or volume -, the same as power low warnings.

---the cameral and browser is just okay but they just only start up in a ssh terminal with pc ,
so i doubt the touchhhome,

At last: i find out that meegotouchhome doesnot work,the following is the message:

root@RM696:~# ps aux|grep home
977 user /usr/bin/meegotouchhome -remote-theme -upstart -graphicssystem meego -prestart
2602 root grep home
root@RM696:~# kill 977
root@RM696:~# /usr/bin/meegotouchhome -remote-theme -upstart -graphicssystem meego
MApplicationService: registerService() registering failed
MApplicationService: Calling launch() in other application with service : "com.nokia.meegotouchhome"
root@RM696:~# /usr/bin/meegotouchhome -remote-theme -upstart -graphicssystem meego
MApplicationService: registerService() registering failed
MApplicationService: Calling launch() in other application with service : "com.nokia.meegotouchhome"

I have reinstall a new one manually ,but it still doesnot work ,is there any other solutions but flash a new one ? I donnot want to flash again and agin .

Thanks ;0

Last edited by qledrun; 2013-09-29 at 16:28. Reason: find out the true reson of the error

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
i think you should update ubiboot

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Could you please elaborate a bit more.
I do not get what is wrong with your device.

Are you able to select the OS in ubiboot screen?
Does nemo boot?
Does nitdroid boot?

Did you connect N9 with PC to get the recovery console?
And more ...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Could you please elaborate a bit more.
I do not get what is wrong with your device.

Are you able to select the OS in ubiboot screen?
Does nemo boot?
Does nitdroid boot?

Did you connect N9 with PC to get the recovery console?
And more ...
thanks a lot . I can use usb cable with sdk mode to connect the pc to open a recovery terminal by ssh,

and then config N9 to connect the internet by the followings:
on N9 :
devel-su
/sbin/route add default gw 192.168.2.14
and edit /etc/resov.conf nameser ,
nameserver "the gateway of PC net"

on PC(ubuntu12.04 lts)
su
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

and it works queit well!
user@RM696:/usr/bin$ ping www.qq.com
PING www.qq.com (183.60.15.153): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 183.60.15.153: seq=0 ttl=55 time=63.416 ms
64 bytes from 183.60.15.153: seq=1 ttl=55 time=3.265 ms
64 bytes from 183.60.15.153: seq=2 ttl=55 time=6.897 ms
64 bytes from 183.60.15.153: seq=3 ttl=55 time=6.744 m

i reinstall a new version of meegotouchhome ,which :
http://mirror.thecust.net/harmattan-...eegotouchhome/
but when i have finished it , it still cannot work.
where can i find the source of it ?maybe i can install a new one by apt-get install

Last edited by qledrun; 2013-09-29 at 16:44.

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
i think you should update ubiboot
thanks, i will test it later

Sorry, cannot help you with that.
Seems you missed some dependencies? And is that repo up-to-date? Shouldn't you have ised openrepos? Maybe coderus knows a bit more.

But ubiboot is innocent Next time you do such things, make a backup of /dev/mmcblk0p2 and p3 to your PC easily via ubiboot console and tar.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-09-29 at 21:22.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Can you recall what were the last things you did with your device before it got to that state?
Did you install/remove some software or tweaks?

How did this happen, was it after a reboot that you noticed something was problem, or did it crash for some reason and behave like that afterwards?

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Can you recall what were the last things you did with your device before it got to that state?
Did you install/remove some software or tweaks?

How did this happen, was it after a reboot that you noticed something was problem, or did it crash for some reason and behave like that afterwards?

yes,the last software i have installed was python2.7, and i try to install python3.0 after it.but warned confilt,in fact i have not install python3.0 at all.

The last thing i did was edit /home/usr/MyDocs/boot/ubiboot.conf to add nat enable kernel boot section. which was "lopan"

And then tar the "lopan" modules to /lib/modules ,depmod -a the module dir , but it showed nothing .

when i boot N9,i boot lopan kernel not the default openmode-fix one this time,but it fail to boot.

so i have to press the power key to boot with the default openmode fix kernel ,and this time, the problem happended

Last edited by qledrun; 2013-09-30 at 09:43.

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Sorry, cannot help you with that.
Seems you missed some dependencies? And is that repo up-to-date? Shouldn't you have ised openrepos? Maybe coderus knows a bit more.

But ubiboot is innocent Next time you do such things, make a backup of /dev/mmcblk0p2 and p3 to your PC easily via ubiboot console and tar.
thanks for your suggestions ,maybe it was the time for flashing a new rootfs.bin

Oh, you already flashed?

As now it seems obvious what you have done wrong. At least if I understood your last two posts correctly.
Afaik the lopan kernel is compiled with a different kernel name string, this implies that the modules directory is named to that string (which is different to the stock harmattan name).
If you extracted the modules of lopan kernel to the default harmattan module directory, I would expect some strange/unpredicted behaviour...

Is that assumption correct?

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-09-30 at 20:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post: