I use it almost daily for 2 hrs+ with default sound quality, since i stream it mainly over 3g. havent ever got these issues, unless poor reception when i travel in remote areas. tried doing the same with high sound quality, doesnt stutter. With wifi, which i do very rare, it has no issues, provided not using bluetooth.

NB: If you use bluetooth and wifi, it will stutter, no matter what app u use to listen music/voice. I believe you are not mentioning this issue. and I guess this is like a basic hw issue prevalent in most devices

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Rhode Island
Originally Posted by getnani View Post
I use it almost daily for 2 hrs+ with default sound quality, since i stream it mainly over 3g. havent ever got these issues, unless poor reception when i travel in remote areas. tried doing the same with high sound quality, doesnt stutter. With wifi, which i do very rare, it has no issues, provided not using bluetooth.

NB: If you use bluetooth and wifi, it will stutter, no matter what app u use to listen music/voice. I believe you are not mentioning this issue. and I guess this is like a basic hw issue prevalent in most devices
You are talking about the version you compiled for n900, right? The one I am talking about is pulled down via the Easy Debian chroot. It is easy to pull down and update via Synaptic.

Yes I am talking about the one compiled for n900. I wouldnt have a clue about the easy debian on n900!! Sorry

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Rhode Island
Hello,

I got this to work! (Your way, not through EasyDebian.) I had to install a few other packages, like an update to grep, for instance, to get libfaad2 to configure and compile, but it all worked out very well. Thanks!

Great... I am sure n900 users who are used to pandora will find it very difficult after pyRadio stopped working. We are at least very lucky to have a SW/ sourcecode that is compilable/ terminal based and that has dependencies which can be easily installed in maemo!! and most importantly widely used and constantly updated!!! Thank u pianobar!!

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Texas
Any chance this is going to be available in Devel?

The Following User Says Thank You to DfLo1913 For This Useful Post:
I am not sure how we can do this??!!! I mean we just compiled pianobar source from their website, after compiling a dependency. I am happy if someone can maintain this!

That would be awesome and easy for everyone to get. I wish I knew how. Miss pandora on my N900.

Anyone that could help?

I guess not?