Notices

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
memeces: Your package lists may be broken. You can rebuild them like described here

Originally Posted by Marshall Banana View Post
memeces: Your package lists may be broken. You can rebuild them like described here
Many thanks, Marshall Banana. With your indications I solved the problem and I was able to install the python apps. Now DropN900 connects to the DropBox server, solves the differences between the remote and the local file trees but fails at sync. The program never ends the synchronization. In fact it seems that it finds a problem with the connection. Could it be that there are many files and the time elapsed is above the limit? The log files says this:

Code:
10:21:52 [NETWORK]: Starting network connection monitoring...
10:21:53 -[CONFIG]: Found existing access token
10:21:53 [NETWORK]: Requesting for a network connection...
10:21:53 [NETWORK]: Device online: connected with WLAN_INFRA
10:21:53 [NETWORK]: Network connection established, fetching root metadata
10:21:55 ---[AUTH]: Account data received for *****

10:28:06 ---[SYNC]: Downloading 913 files from 17 folders, total of 51.9 MB
10:28:07 ---[SYNC]: Uploading 81 files and 0 folders, total of 27.6 MB
10:31:15 [TRANSFER ERROR]: Download of download failed, no connection?
10:31:15 [TRANSFER ERROR]: >>Error connecting to "api-content.dropbox.com": (110, 'Connection timed out')

memeces: Please try to manually download and upload files with the "DOWNLOAD" and "UPLOAD FILE" buttons. If manual download and uploads work, try to download the biggest file you have on your dropbox. I think this could be another buffer size problem

Last edited by Marshall Banana; 2013-05-05 at 20:00. Reason: typo

memees: Please try to manually download and upload files with the "DOWNLOAD" and "UPLOAD FILE" buttons. If manual download and uploads work, try to download the biggest file you have on your dropbox. I think this could be another buffer size problem
Marshall Banana, I followed your instructions. Uploading of files is working fine. But download is not working. DropN900 does apparently follow the orders and says that the download is complete but the file is nowhere in the local directory. If I go to the Transfers window the file appears as downloaded and it points to the folder where I should find the file, but it is not there.

Last edited by memeces; 2013-05-05 at 18:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to memeces For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by memeces View Post
Marshall Banana, I followed your instructions. Uploading of files is working fine. But download is not working. DropN900 does apparently follow the orders and says that the download is complete but the file is nowhere in the local directory. If I go to the Transfers window the file appears as downloaded and it points to the folder where I should find the file, but it is not there.
After solving the "button with no text" bug i did some code cleanup and broke the download functionallity with it. I've no idea why i didn't see this when testing after the cleanup. I made a new version here. Please redownload dropn900.tar.gz and untar it into /opt/dropn900. Afterwards syncing should work for you.

I just use the Dropbox app for uploading my photos and your update worked perfectly for that purpose. Thanks very much for writing and sharing this code!

The Following User Says Thank You to nimble For This Useful Post:
After solving the "button with no text" bug i did some code cleanup and broke the download functionallity with it. I've no idea why i didn't see this when testing after the cleanup. I made a new version here. Please redownload dropn900.tar.gz and untar it into /opt/dropn900. Afterwards syncing should work for you.
Marshall Banana, thank you very much for your new version. I have been doing some checking after installing it. Today I got the first total succesful synchronization. I have many files in DropBox and up to now the sync did never finish completely. First of all DropN900 did have to download again all files to the phone. It did not recognize that many of the files were still identical. Second, the sync did stop at some files. I do not know the reason but fortunately these were not critical and some of them were auxiliary files. After cleaning them in my desktop DropBox folder the sync was able to continue next time. Afterwards the sync seems to be working as expected. I still miss the possibility in the original version of synchronizing only a folder and its subfolders, so that I can avoid syncing all my DropBox files to my mobile devices. Otherwise the program is working perfectly with the new DropBox API. Thank you very much again for your nice work.

The Following User Says Thank You to memeces For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by memeces View Post
Marshall Banana, thank you very much for your new version. I have been doing some checking after installing it. Today I got the first total succesful synchronization. I have many files in DropBox and up to now the sync did never finish completely. First of all DropN900 did have to download again all files to the phone. It did not recognize that many of the files were still identical. Second, the sync did stop at some files. I do not know the reason but fortunately these were not critical and some of them were auxiliary files. After cleaning them in my desktop DropBox folder the sync was able to continue next time. Afterwards the sync seems to be working as expected. I still miss the possibility in the original version of synchronizing only a folder and its subfolders, so that I can avoid syncing all my DropBox files to my mobile devices. Otherwise the program is working perfectly with the new DropBox API. Thank you very much again for your nice work.
I'm glad that it's working for you now. Syncing only a subfolder should work if you select it as sync path in the settings. I just tried it with one of the subfolders of my dropbox. I just told you to select the root folder / as sync path because the handling with the root folder changed with the new API and i presumed you wanted to sync your whole dropbox.

The Following User Says Thank You to Marshall Banana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
Terrific job Marshall! I can confirm upload and download functionality working - that's what I use.

The Following User Says Thank You to Raimu For This Useful Post:
i am unable to authenticate the issue started today. anybody else in my boat??!!! please help!!!!!