Notices

Originally Posted by RobertMe View Post
AFAICT notification bodies have a limit of 512 characters (at least that's how I implemented it), so at least for longer emails you would still need to use your phone. Although based on those 512 chars you should be able to determine if the email is important or it could wait to properly read it.
Yep, when I say 'handle' I mean filter - should have been more clear, sorry.

The Jolla unfortunately doesn't seem to let me set notification policy for different gmail labels, so I'm constantly getting my phone out for uninteresting emails. If it had sender + as much of subject as would fit in 512 chars, I'd be perfectly happy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
If I implemented everything properly you should get 64 chars for the sender, 64 chars for the subject, and 512 chars for the body (after you open the pin). But I don't think this has been tested properly (neither by HtheB nor wormdrummer), so there might be issues in this area. But I don't think it should be hard to fix those once found.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
All of you can download my version here. If you do find any issues (releated to notifications) please post them either in this thread or send me a private message.
Thanks!

But... just one thing.

When distributing binaries, please distribute the source, too! A link to Github, if you're using it, is OK. I found that your repo is https://github.com/RobertMe/pebble/tree/time-fixes, is this correct?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Yes, that's correct. And Smoku also merged it already. So it also should be in the next official release. I was just too enthusiastic about it finally working, so I first posted it here and afterwards created the pull request. Should of course have been the other way around so I could include the link to the pull request (and thus changed sources).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Just released 1.4 on OpenRepos.

With RobertMe's changes for Pebble Time Steel, Pebble Time preliminary notifications support.
Also few more translations and few more little goodies.
(ChangeLog on OpenRepos)

Last edited by smoku; 2015-09-13 at 20:36.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Yes, that's correct. And Smoku also merged it already. So it also should be in the next official release. I was just too enthusiastic about it finally working, so I first posted it here and afterwards created the pull request. Should of course have been the other way around so I could include the link to the pull request (and thus changed sources).
Just donated, thanks for your work!, works perfectly. Hoping for Calendar support soon

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
I'm hopping about app and watchfaces installation support soon, but at least notification support is great. Thanks !

The Following User Says Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
Notifications work great. Thanks for that. Just a few points:

- All notifications show up with an envelope as the icon. When I notifications on the phone, I see the icon of the app. Is that possible to replicate?
- In emails, I only see the sender's name and the subject - twice. From what I read above, I should also get some of the body. Is that possible?

Also, whats your next plan of action? It would be amazing if you can target these:
- Displaying calender entries
- Pebble apps been able to access internet and gps

Thanks again for your hark work to get this started

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malerocks For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by malerocks View Post
- All notifications show up with an envelope as the icon. When I notifications on the phone, I see the icon of the app. Is that possible to replicate?
This should actually work. Which types of notifications did you receive? As I think Facebook, Twitter and SMS are all merged into "SMS" and thus use the same icon. But SMS and Email should use different icons.

- In emails, I only see the sender's name and the subject - twice. From what I read above, I should also get some of the body. Is that possible?
That would be a bug then.

Also, whats your next plan of action? It would be amazing if you can target these:
- Displaying calender entries
- Pebble apps been able to access internet and gps
Based on HtheBs comments about internet access not working I quickly checked what could be wrong there. Based on his logs I'm guessing that there's something wrong with the Pebble JS communication (which is used for internet access, gps access and lots of other things). But to do a proper investigation I'll have to wait till I receive my own Pebble Time Steel.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
About SMS and e-mail I have different icons. However, I have few problems :
With sms, I have the content twice. The icon is unexpected but fine .
If I have a notification about few e-mails, I can't see the objects, I only have "8 new e-mails".
I don't understand what should do the "Dismiss" about notifications. When I do it, I still have the notif in my PTS.

Tags
pebble, pebble time, pebbled