Posts: 25 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ NE-Scotland
I am trying to install texlive, but it keeps giving errors because it is not able to fetch some packages from the repository.

I simply run :
Code:
apt-get install texlive
I did not change any settings and the connection is working.

Thank you in advance

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
The issue of increasing image size keeps coming up every 30 to 50 posts. I had reports that going over 2GB exposes limits in the FAT file system used on the MyDocs partiton, so I am limiting the image to 2GB. And I don't recommend trying to increase the size.

If you want more space, make a second partiton on a microSD card. It really is the best way.

EDIT: closechroot had a bug that should be fixed now. Use "sudo closechroot" from the command line until I have the new version in -testing.

Last edited by qole; 2010-01-22 at 16:13.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
marmota: make sure you do an "apt-get update" to make sure you have the current list of packages.

rm42 & debernardis: The full update was a huge chore. I had to hack an udev package to get it to update (it gives instructions when it fails), and I had to install a bunch of packages that were held back from the update.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
marmota: make sure you do an "apt-get update" to make sure you have the current list of packages.

rm42 & debernardis: The full update was a huge chore. I had to hack an udev package to get it to update (it gives instructions when it fails), and I had to install a bunch of packages that were held back from the update.
Your work is much appreciated. I'll be looking forward to using your new image.

One thing that would be awesome to have is Keepass. Strangely, I did not see when doing dpk -l.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Originally Posted by qole View Post
The issue of increasing image size keeps coming up every 30 to 50 posts. I had reports that going over 2GB exposes limits in the FAT file system used on the MyDocs partiton, so I am limiting the image to 2GB. And I don't recommend trying to increase the size.
What limits? Performance? I successfully ran my own 4GB (FAT32 max) image without easy debian for a while, but it was a bit slow.

By the way, Nokia should seriously give you some kind of award after it's out of testing. This has to be the single most useful project for Maemo.

The Following User Says Thank You to livefreeordie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ NE-Scotland
after a couple of apt-get update it is working perfectly!

I just checked Extras and easy-debian is there! I need to go get me a microsdhc now!

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:

You need to install the easy-deb-chroot package from the Extras repository. Install it with the Application Manager.
it wont let me:

unable to install, some app packages required for installation are missing?

Ok, so how about Ctrl + Up Arrow for full screen toggle?

leetut: can you tell me more details? Hit the "details" button and then choose the "problems" tab, tell me what it says there.

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze