Notices

Hey guys
i kept a security code for my nokia n900 2 monthz back which i forgot....i accidently tapped on the 'secure device' and now i cant access my phone.... ....i tried the default code 12345,00000 etc. and they dun seem to work....everytime i switch on my phone now it askz for the security code and wnt go any further thn tht....i dun wanna hard flash my phone kuz i ave all sortz of precious pikturez txtz nd videoz saved nd i kant afford thm to b erazed...... .. .plzzz help me out...need an urgent solution....

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by wessyda View Post
Hey guys
i kept a security code for my nokia n900 2 monthz back which i forgot....i accidently tapped on the 'secure device' and now i cant access my phone.... ....i tried the default code 12345,00000 etc. and they dun seem to work....everytime i switch on my phone now it askz for the security code and wnt go any further thn tht....i dun wanna hard flash my phone kuz i ave all sortz of precious pikturez txtz nd videoz saved nd i kant afford thm to b erazed...... .. .plzzz help me out...need an urgent solution....
Take it and your receipt to the local Nokia Care Center. They can fix you right up. Because security codes being placed to protect the information of the owner of the device this forum is slow to by-pass that function - no matter how good, or true, your story is.

Since you set the security code it is going to be a number you created and can probably recreate if you relax and think back to when you set it. You've eliminated two possibilities already.

The Following User Says Thank You to tzsm98 For This Useful Post:
thanx tzsm98......but thtz tha thng....i ave absolutely NO KLUE wat it iz....kuz tha security kode i kept wuz jus a random numba...i neva uze tha security lockz on my phne thtz y i kant rememba eitha......unfortunately lzt nite i tapped on sekure device by accident...m jus worried i dun loze ne of ma data.....nd oh yeah.....tha phne iz mine fo sho.....i wud appreciate if u or ne1 elze kud help me on thz......awaitin reply...

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
thanx tzsm98......but thtz tha thng....i ave absolutely NO KLUE wat it iz....kuz tha security kode i kept wuz jus a random numba...i neva uze tha security lockz on my phne thtz y i kant rememba eitha......unfortunately lzt nite i tapped on sekure device by accident...m jus worried i dun loze ne of ma data.....nd oh yeah.....tha phne iz mine fo sho.....i wud appreciate if u or ne1 elze kud help me on thz......awaitin reply...
All the more reason to take it directly to Nokia. If you haven't got a clue, then the possibility of screwing up the N900 is high if you try to hack your way into it past the security code.

Reflashing it will not reset the security code. That survives the re-flash from all reports I've read.

Last edited by tzsm98; 2010-12-26 at 21:36.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
First of all, please learn how to write in proper english!

Secondly: There is no way you can "tap" accidently on the secure device thing or whatever.

I smell something bad behind this.....
(Something like this!!!)

just call nokia care center and tell them your story. if your device is under warranty, it will not cost you anything but if it is not then they might. it will take about a week. i hope this helps