Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ croatia
after applying custom transitions on my n900, and changing turbo from 1 to 0 my desktop was all messed up after reboot and all icons and widgets are on one desktop i tried to longpress on icon or widget but no edit mode was activated. does anybody knows solution for this problem or reflashing is only one?

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Tap anywhere on the desktop -free space- wallpaper
A small wheel will show on the right upper border beneath the status bar.
Tap on it and you are in desktop edit mode

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
If pressing the wheel has no effect, and you have CSSU installed, it may be turned off in the CSSU config area. You can disable desktop editing in CSSU, which is nice for those of us that find it randomly enabled after being in a pocket or what not...

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Just delete all icon and widget keys using gconftool-2 with recursive unset (check the forum about which config keys to use), and check your transitions when you have cleaned everything. Then re-build your desktops. Reflashing in such a simple case is for the clueless anyway.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ croatia
finnaly i solved problem. opened xterm with shift+ctrl+x, deleted transitions.ini, renamed transitions.ini.default to transitions.ini and rebooted. all working again, phew!