Posts: 67 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ U.S.A.
It looks like Nokia has tagged bug 5117 as "WONTFIX". This is a low-level component that all applications depend on for waking up from a power off state.

Please go vote and show your support for getting this fixed.

Thanks.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
It is of no use. They won't fix anything in diablo.

Yeah, Diablo has gained "Evil Step Child" status, and Maemo 5 is now the new golden boy. Hopefully Mer gets up to speed quickly so that we can have these bugs fixed finally, because apparently Nokia no longer cares about us old tech'ers.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Raiden For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
Yeah, Diablo has gained "Evil Step Child" status, and Maemo 5 is now the new golden boy.
... which, in fact, wouldn't even be all that bad - if they'd offer a >4"-device running Maemo 5.

So for many of my use cases, even if I someday choose to buy the N900, I will still have to take my N810/N800 with me. Mer for the rescue, yes...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Exactly. Instead they offer the n900 which is WAY overpriced and too small IMHO. Something in the n800 or n810 form factor would be preferred.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Raiden For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ U.S.A.
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
It is of no use. They won't fix anything in diablo.
What folks don't realize is that this problem would be duplicated in the successor of diablo, because retutime is still the underlying component that alarmd depends on, and alarmd is not going away.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by jgombos View Post
What folks don't realize is that this problem would be duplicated in the successor of diablo, because retutime is still the underlying component that alarmd depends on, and alarmd is not going away.
No. New alarmd uses RTC kernel interface for alarms. Check maemo5.0-beta2 alarmd (1.1.8+0m5), src/hwrtc.c.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post: