Active Topics

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by ScottishDuck View Post
Spoiler: Elop is a major MS shareholder.
How did you find this out? ...or is this your best conspiracy theory at the moment? If the latter, I might just agree.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
..beaten it for you

SHAMOEE! WHOOO!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
How did you find this out? ...or is this your best conspiracy theory at the moment? If the latter, I might just agree.

SHAMOEE! WHOOO!
He was the 7th largest MS investor and headed up the mobile division at MS before he took over at nokia. He has since claimed he is actively trying to sell the shares but there is no way of proving if he has.

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
couple of interesting articles kevloral posted on another thread;
HERE

talks about the IP that MS could/has gained form the deal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Why make such a creative analysis that ends in Elop being a stupid jerk no matter what? it is getting boring by now. Have you tried MeeGo for the N900? it is essentially in the exact same state as it was one year ago. MeeGo is a joke, and it never made any sense why Nokia went from Maemo to MeeGo.

What has happened is that Nokia wanted it all, but failed miserably when executing its plan. Either the plan was terrible, the ingredients were rotten or they simply couldn't execute it. My guess is a little bit of everything. Elop is merely the unfortunate fire fighter that came too late to rescue the house, but just in time to rescue the people and the safe.
you are spreding biggest l garbage ever. It has progressed sincue last year. you dont have a clue lwhat the **** you talking about.

And remember this is on a non official phone.

But no problem if you dislike go out and buy that stupid Microsoft garbage called WP7 crap phones and get happy instead of sitting in this forum spreading lies.

But dont forget this:

Cool stuff that will be implemented iin nextgen WP8 is for sure stealed from engineers working with Maemo Harmattan!

Cause this is always the way that ****ing Microsoft company works.

The never invent anything themselfs just ****ing ripoff company

An btw "to late to for Elop save Nokia" yyeah right! dont forget tha MrFlop was the one who killed Nokia that for sure!!! By spreeding FUD about symbian/Qt and Meego that is!!!

after february who tthe **** did beleive in the future of Qt. the rest of the team tried to clean up after MrFlop mess. But ofcourse they failed and now no one buys the new symbian phones even if they are ok.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-06-12 at 12:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by ScottishDuck View Post
He was the 7th largest MS investor and headed up the mobile division at MS before he took over at nokia. He has since claimed he is actively trying to sell the shares but there is no way of proving if he has.
Again, can you provide me with a link to where you found ANY of this out? I'm a receptive audience and I'm quit willing to believe you but you can't just say MORE things as if that backs up anything you said. I wanted to know where you found this out so that it can have some validity. Anything? Until you do, all I take from what you've said so far is that I want to think it's likely but not a true story.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Again, can you provide me with a link to where you found ANY of this out? I'm a receptive audience and I'm quit willing to believe you but you can't just say MORE things as if that backs up anything you said. I wanted to know where you found this out so that it can have some validity. Anything? Until you do, all I take from what you've said so far is that I want to think it's likely but not a true story.
Some information about that:

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/communi...ares-10021695/

http://www.businessinsider.com/nokia...s-nokia-2011-2

I don't see anything fishy in that, but make your own mind up about it.

The Following User Says Thank You to kanishou For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by onethreealpha View Post
= EPIC FAIL

spoken like someone who neither follows the bug lists, tests daily builds, or has first hand experience of What (and Where) Meego is today.

this is the sort of cr*p that the likes of Stskeeps, Tswindell and others who actually contribute to the Meego project get sick of trying to correct.

We, as consumers, don't need the likes of Elop or MS to kill Meego. People like you will do it for them, with your misinformed forum posts

./set_ignore_to_yet_another_troll
Talk, talk, talk. If MeeGo is such a blast, then why does it look and feel (und run just as buggy and slow) as it did 1 year ago?. Bugs are fixed, features are added, so what? The point is (and this was/is Nokias night mare), it takes too long.

Contributions, working your *** off, long nights, no sleep - this means nothing. Only one thing count, and that is the end result. That is the cold hard truth, and if you can't live with it, that is not my problem.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
It is common knowledge. Elop has sold everything in MS and purchased Nokia shares instead (if that makes him even more braindead, that's another matter )

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
It is common knowledge. Elop has sold his soul in MS and purchased Nokia shares instead (if that makes him even more braindead, that's another matter )
There, fixed that for ya.

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Spain, EU
It is common knowledge. Elop has sold everything in MS and purchased Nokia shares instead (if that makes him even more braindead, that's another matter )
Actually, that is not the case. He is still the eighth biggest individual MS stockholder:

http://www.dailyfinance.com/company/...onal-ownership

Elop (Stephen A)
Shares: 130,026
Estimated Value of Shares: 3.18 M US$

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kevloral For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada blows, buysomethinelse, erics the idiot, goodbye nokia, nok+ms rox more, nokia's dead, oh so dead, so dead