Posts: 45 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Krasnodar, Russia
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I'm not entirely sure what do you mean by creating tar of microSD content (32GB, as you've said) and where you expect to save such big file (because it is what that command you've mentioned mean).
The external flash I make an archive from is not completely filled. The size of the tar archive, that was created (there were no compression used, just a collection into a tar file), is 358880256 B. So, it didn't fill the whole RAM + SWAP (256 MB + 768 MB), as the result of a "free" command is about 512 MB in SWAP with almost all RAM filled usualy. Could using SWAP be the cause of freezing?

I suppose so. To be precise, it's about using Swap on eMMC - to avoid problems, swap should be used *only* on microSD (no swap active on eMMC), if microSD card is available. Even slowest one help much, as flash doesn't work very well with concurent writes (but shouldn't have problems with concurent reads).

So, when you tar content of your SD card to eMMC, eMMC is bugged by writes to it + swap writes, which result in quite powerful slowdown. Add to it unoptimized swap-related settings, and you may get freeze

To fix it, apply my instructions from last post. Anyway, it shouldn't be related to kernel-power in... well, any way

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
as repos are up again and upload to devel repo is working again. Pali when you will upload KP52 ?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
what KP52? another version to the KP52? could you post more info about it? changelog maybe?

Look at first page, first post
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Israel
OK, I think there's been a slight overlook regarding the bootimg version of KP52 -
There's kernel-power-bootimg, which depends on kernel-power-modules, which depends on kernel-power, which conflicts with kernel-power-bootimg...

Solved it locally by modifying kernel-power-modules' control file to depend on kernel-power | kernel-power-bootimg but I think this should be taken care of asap.

The Following User Says Thank You to NiQ For This Useful Post:
Hm, I can't confirm any problems with installing kp52 (from links in first post) - just keep in mind, that I used either fapman, or apt, for this, *"ot* HAM. None of them complained about dependency circle or conflicting dependencies.

But, for sure, editing any control files and re-packaging (or easier, dpkg --force) wasn't necessary.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Estel - You will only encounter the mentioned problem if you use KP as a bootimg through U-Boot.

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
Well, v52 is in the repos now; I installed it with apt last night and it worked flawlessly. Otherwise I wouldn't be making this post from my N900 right now.

Thanks a million, pali.

The Following User Says Thank You to bocephus For This Useful Post:
Repeating again, there are problems with KP52 only for U-Boot users.

Tags
bq2415x_charger, bq27200, kernel-power