Active Topics

Poll: Will keep it until . . .
Poll Options
Will keep it until . . .

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I have two N900s and plan to keep them forever. right now, I have a 10 inch Acer Iconia 500 Android about six inches from my N900 -- but I'm using my N900; it's more convenient and more fun.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Pakistan
Maemo 5 is the best os ! i have ever seen i mean it handles so many tasks so well with such less amount of ram and lacks processor speed but i guess 1 ghz overclock helped me alot here i just wish we get better hardware i dont mind using maemo 5 with some minore improvements such as swipe to close an app and portrait desktop support though without them still maemo 5 is the best

i will...definitely....even if not used as a mobile phone, i will carry this for multipurpose...

The Following User Says Thank You to praveenchand For This Useful Post:
Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Oh, I may have to watch out for that. I can't say that I ever noticed this on mine before. I have just tried a test too by opening a blank canvas in mypaint and could not see a spot, maybe I'm just lucky so far.

That said, now I know this issue exists I will probably become increasingly paranoid about it.
It's good that it doesn't affect everyone then. Maybe there are some models that aren't susceptible to this issue. If you're being paranoid, I have a theory that these spots are caused by excessive heat, so you might want to stay away from NITDroid (which can make the N900 run quite hot) and be careful with overclocking, unfortunately I haven't got a supply of fresh screens I can use to test this theory.

@electroaudio, I have several spots and no scratches, but my other less favoured theory is that they might be caused by excessive pressure to the touchscreen.

The Following User Says Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
I will keep mine till it dies.

As for the white spots, mine had one since the beginning and got another when someone poked the screen really hard. :s

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
White spot issue?
yes problem with backlight that made the LCD show white "spots" on the screen. Both mine did have this issue :-(

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
if nothing else comes along that really thrills me then i will also have it till it dies (will have it anyway, there are so many things it can be used for besides a phone)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
I had one. I kept it until it died, which it did last fall. So, I bought another N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to skykooler For This Useful Post:
me too I will keep mine till it dies.

My N900 is a backup phone, I carried it with me all the time while I used the N9 as the main phone. I am keeping my N900 till it stops working. BTW, is there anyway I can land a N950 or a white N9 now?

Tags
buysomethinelse, trailing edge