Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Soon, I'll post announcement, that will show itself in News, Planet Maemo, and as a Thread on TMO. It will be also announced via community mailing list, and IRC channel.
Thank-you Estel, please enure you do post a thread, & if possible please reference it here.
Many active members (till now or until the recent past) don't necessarily subscribe to the mail-list, or actively follow IRC channels etc.
That is generally a smaller sub-set of users, whom aren't necessarily more worthy...
Some will refer to the mail-list details in that thread, just for the purposes of nominating etc.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-05-26 at 15:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Out of curiosity, are those N9's with 16 or with 64 GB of flash memory?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
+ 10 complimentary chars.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
I'm part the creator of the TFL (Transport for London) app, my app is on the Ovi store here:

http://store.ovi.com/content/262507

I also have a free version coming soon (just a question of releasing it - next week or so). There is also likely to be Symbian app as well.

It may not be most popular app in the world, but the audience is only people living in London and owing Nokia N9's - which is small anyway! But it is a useful app.

On the cards for me is a N9 eBay app and possibly others.

I've been a member on this forum for quite some time, back when there was no such thing as the N900 or N9. In the good old days of the N770, N800 and N810, back when this forum was still called internet tablet talk.

I would love a N950 - it would allow me to work with the command line SO much better!

EDIT:

Only 100 devices - seems a bit stingy on Nokia's part?

Last edited by rash.m2k; 2012-05-28 at 15:40.

@rash

good start would be to read about submissions process for all categories, as your post here doesn't fulfill any

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Thank-you Estel, please enure you do post a thread, & if possible please reference it here.
Many active members (till now or until the recent past) don't necessarily subscribe to the mail-list, or actively follow IRC channels etc.
That is generally a smaller sub-set of users, whom aren't necessarily more worthy...
Some will refer to the mail-list details in that thread, just for the purposes of nominating etc.
Well it seems Estel forgot to reference it here....
So for those wanting to know more about the Community Awards, here's the thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84533
The 3x other categories are linked-to/described earlier in this thread.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-05-29 at 07:27.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Funny how these things always happen right when I'm way too busy to do anything.

No time to start in porting my Android apps, not enough time to politic and start begging for a device... oh well.

Best o' luck to all involved. Make the community proud.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Funny how these things always happen right when I'm way too busy to do anything.

No time to start in porting my Android apps, not enough time to politic and start begging for a device... oh well.

Best o' luck to all involved. Make the community proud.
I feel ya, I'm pretty much in the same boat lately, far the last 3mth+ really

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Hi

I would like to make Proton SDK (http://www.protonsdk.com/) support MeeGo Harmattan. In the process I would also get one game ported to N9/N950. Other games done with Proton could then follow.

But I feel this project doesn't fit in any of the four categories in this program. Is this really so or am I misunderstanding something?

PS. I already made (part of) the Linux support to Proton - I'm guessing getting it to work on MeeGo should be quite attainable.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gormio For This Useful Post: