I have signed up for daypass for 24hrs @ $1.49 3 days ago. But still i can use data 3g/4g edge on my phone as per today. When i check my prepaid balance everyday it was not deducted. It was the same for last few days.

Anybody experience the same thing?. Any thoughts?

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ The Hague
Lucky you; maybe buy a lottery tqicketq?

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by rosh View Post
I have signed up for daypass for 24hrs @ $1.49 3 days ago. But still i can use data 3g/4g edge on my phone as per today. When i check my prepaid balance everyday it was not deducted. It was the same for last few days.

They are spot on in disconnecting me. Midpage load it will go dead. Rock it, baby! Don't turn off the N900 or let the battery die. You might get "Free 4G For Life"

A bit unrelated, but is the data pass good for web only, or can you also use other protocols, such as SIP, Skype, etc?

Originally Posted by Radu View Post
A bit unrelated, but is the data pass good for web only, or can you also use other protocols, such as SIP, Skype, etc?
Just checked, Still working. Anything, skype and Sip.

I put the sim on my android phone, still working.

Only thing i worry is, if they get to know after few days, will i be charged for all these days

ps. checked the balance and is like before, nothing changed.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Enjoy your Free* internet connection!
(Service includes a bonus Anxiety Pack for the duration of the usage).

* Subject to previously agreed terms and condition. If we have your credit card numbers on file and you have signed the required legalities, we MAY bill you for services rendered.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by rosh View Post

I had the same experience, and certainly made all of the test you made with other phones. I have no 4G in my area, but with 3G I have been able to use all ports, and standards: Skype, Sip, Chat, GoogleVoice plugin. I initially thought that it was related to the fact that the N900 has support for ip6v with the community updates, and that TMobile was allowing freeloaders in their network for testing purposes.
I still use mostly Wifi because of the speed comparison, and battery life.
I am glad that a little flaw in their billing service will never end with a large bill for me, and that is why I prefer prepaid options with cellphone carriers... I am sure that it is just a file in their servers that has the wrong permissions and is unwilling to update, but eventually will.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Massachusetts
@Radu it's basically like having an unlimited plan but limited to 30MB data in 24hrs time. Any web app would work, even JoikuSpot/MobileHotspot.

Back to topic, YES, this has happened to me once! It was recent too. It lasted for about 2 days until I logged in to my.T-mobile account and disabled Web Gaurd (Net nanny that blocks certain sites). After that, I suddenly lost connection, and that was the end of my free Web pass. If I hadn't done anything I would've had unlimited 3G forever if I wanted.

I should also mention that I've had expierences where I bought a Web DayPass and it didn't connect to 3G (happened a couple of times so I assumed T-Mobile was giving me free Web passes or something). Anyway, I was able to reboot my N900 and still auto-log on to 3G without any payments. It was full 3G speed with no limits, and I loved it! Great T-Mobile glitch indeed (or was it?), but too bad on my part.. Good to see that this is working for some people out there.

So whatever you do! DO NOT sign in to your my.T-Mobile account.

// Roth

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Enjoy your Free* internet connection!
(Service includes a bonus Anxiety Pack for the duration of the usage).

* Subject to previously agreed terms and condition. If we have your credit card numbers on file and you have signed the required legalities, we MAY bill you for services rendered.
That would defy the term "prepaid", where you assign an amount over which the service provider can not count on. Without authorization for automatic billing, and the error being on their side... I don't see any legal argument here that T-Mobile could use... that doesn't mean they may not try one!

One week now, still running free . No 30GB cap as usual. Always get 4G/3G depending on the location.

Made couple of prepaid calls, they are charged as usual. $0.10/min