Notices

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
Very nice. Is it difficult to adapt to work with cached google maps downloaded with MaemoMapper for offline reference?

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Londrina, PR - Brazil
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
@twaelti

You must've read my mind.. or I read yours. I was thinking about the possibility of creating a specialized browser, like Flock is for social, or Songbird for music. But I was thinking a specialized web browser for Google Maps navigation,
Hey guys, I'm the developer of the Macuco Gmail Client (http://puelocesar.wordpress.com/2009...ent-for-maemo/). We could do something like Macuco for this webapp. I can do the Qt part and help with CSS theming.

Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
In pure CSS or how are these buttons made?
I can do these buttons in pure CSS, but it won't run on MicroB I guess, but it will work great on a QtWebkit. What do you think?

One more thing, anyone knows if is possible to access the GPS hardware with Qt? If so, we can easily add GPS positioning feature to maeMaps

Bye!

Last edited by puelocesar; 2009-10-29 at 16:40.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to puelocesar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Wouldn't it be more useful to use the spinn-your-finger-idea like in the browser for zooming instead of the buttons?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xiph For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by puelocesar View Post
Hey guys, I'm the developer of the Macuco Gmail Client (http://puelocesar.wordpress.com/2009...ent-for-maemo/). We could do something like Macuco for this webapp. I can do the Qt part and help with CSS theming.
Dude! That is awesome! I didn't even know there was a OS2008 gmail client; I'm going to try this out ASAP!

I think we would LOVE something similar for google maps!!!

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
In pure CSS or how are these buttons made? Right now the page is self-contained and does not use any external ressources, that's why the design is bare.
Once people are +/- ok with the usability, I'll cleanup the GUI, add some image buttons for navigation and then pack the thing in a package.
No Idea how to build that in CSS. They're just gradients with rounded edges (6px). When you move to a package with graphics I'd be more then happy to help if you need it, just let me know.

Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joshua.maverick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
looks grest, but reading the various posts, leads me to think that for most people a finger friendly interface option for maemo mapper would be the holy grail. it alrready does offline, routing etc.

unfortunately my coding skills extend no further than msdos batch files and a bit of vb.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
You're right, maemomapper is much better. Also, eCoach can be used for many these things and more. The only reason for me doing this:
- It's superquick and easy
- A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush :-)

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Londrina, PR - Brazil
So twaelti, what do you think? Should I download your html and make the joshua theme, or you will do yourself?

I'm just asking to avoid duplicate work you know, if you are already doing that, it doesn't makes sense I do it again right?

By the way, I liked the idea. Right now I'm using Maemo Mapper, but it's interface is nothing like simple and user friendly. Web apps rocks!

Bye!

Thanks twaelti for this. This is a great idea. i really want to have google map for long time but it is too slow for me ( n800 + microb + google map = unusable)

After i tried yours, yours is fast and simple. Plus i find out "tear" lately so finally, i can use google map on mine.

i also made some changes on yours html
1.remove road,city,country,world button
2. use acsii code for arrows
3. add a marker on search location
4. add a "center" button. This will center the map to marker position.
5. change zoom level step from 2 to 1.
6. default map type set to "ROADS"
7. Increase the min zoom in level from 16 to 18

I really want to use D-PAD and zoom button to control the map but i don't know how to capture the D-pad event button by using javascript.

Microb is superb slow on this. Tear is MUCH faster

Thanks
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip maemap.zip (1.8 KB, 246 views)

Last edited by helphelp911; 2009-10-30 at 05:12.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to helphelp911 For This Useful Post:
Updated:

Work some more tonight, finally got the routing working.

Steps:
1. enter the address in "start" field and press "enter"
2. "end" field will apprear, enter the destination address and press "enter"
3. DONE.

*** remember to press enter to submit your address ***

After you enter a route, the "center" button will split into 2 buttons, Center A and Center B

if you don't need routing, just want to search for the address. You can put the address in the start field and press enter. This will show you the map of entered address

"reset" button = reload the page

Once again. Thanks op for the great app.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip maemap.zip (2.3 KB, 246 views)

Last edited by helphelp911; 2009-10-30 at 10:07.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to helphelp911 For This Useful Post:

Tags
google maps, microb, n900