The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Actually, if it will be like this, I'd welcome it on my N900 as well All major media players have some flaw on Maemo platform, either buggy and/or slow, unusable interface, CPU/power hog or all of the above.

The Following User Says Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Shadows for text, background from n900 call application, new top borders...

Last edited by Kroll; 2011-09-19 at 15:29.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
Bu the way it looks like I found a right person to involve in project. His name is Mitrandir and he is a Telescope creator
Looking forward to see what you two can cook up!

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
One request Kroll.

Perhaps have a possible feature where the backlight remains lit while playing music for those who have this on their nightstand, or at work, etc.

Something like:

gconftool-2 --type int --set /apps/osso/applet/osso-applet-display/turn_off_display 6000000
gconftool-2 --type int --set /apps/osso/applet/osso-applet-display/brightness_period 6000000
gconftool-2 --type int --set /system/osso/dsm/display/display_dim_timeout 6000000
gconftool-2 --type int --set /system/osso/dsm/display/display_blank_timeout 6000000

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ mid gulf coast florida
non full screen mode would be helpful for anyone who uses the status bar clock.....course being able to show the current time in the player window would be even better.

The Following User Says Thank You to n9ots For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Fairport, NY, USA
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
Thanks folks!
And we have to decide what engine to use (mplayer or what?). I would like to use dsp cuz as far as I know it use much less energy than mplayer...
I think Canola had the right idea here: Allow the player to be configured. There are somethings that work better in mplayer (e.g. more video formats), and somethings that work better (e.g. using the DSP to reduce CPU overhead and power consumption).

If it wasn't for it's bloat, I would say Canola is just about perfect for my uses. Here some of the features I find I really like and would like to see in a new player
  • Flickable scroll lists
  • Podcasts
  • Separate Images, Videos, "Music" categories
  • Configurable backend

I also would love to see a player that allows EQ Settings (and uses the DSP at the same time -- yeah, right).

- John

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jwernerny For This Useful Post:
non full screen mode would be helpful for anyone who uses the status bar clock.....course being able to show the current time in the player window would be even better.
As i said before
In settings menu will go shuffle, repeat, full screen (if somebody don't like all-time full screen mode), font size, hardware keys.
One request Kroll.
Only one? C'mone guys, feel free to discuss and request!
Ok, I think it is easiest thing to do. And there will be a blank screen button as well to lock&blank screen immediately, but leave keys unlocked (to make possible switch the song in the pocket for example)

@jwernerny
I am sorry, but title of this thread says "audio player", not media. So no videos or photos at all.
Flickable scroll lists
Please can you describe it? I did not get you.
Configurable backend
And again, I didn't understand.
Podcasts possibly will be added later. For now we have to make it play at least local music.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Only one? C'mone guys, feel free to discuss and request!
Okay. Second request.

Buttons should change appearance when pressed.

Whether this be highlighting, a new image with a smaller shadow to make it look like it's being pushed down, just something so the entire screen doesn't act like a still picture.

Does that make sense?