IIRC this is fixed in PR1.2... At least for email... Not sure...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
what do you mean by double album?
If you have an album tagged as cd1 and cd2 (in the disc number tag) the Nokia N9 is not able to recognize it.

The songs will show in this order:

CD1 - 1
CD2 - 1
CD1 - 2
CD2 -2
etc.

Basically it's not reading the cd number tag.
But this is quite OT.

Anyway as I said before pushing notification doesn't solve anything, sadly.
And yes, I really wonder how they did not notice this bug.

Set "allow background connection" to on. One chap in another forum said that solved the problem. May work or not, I don't know.

I know what you guys are going through, and I feel your annoyance, but isn't that the whole point of opening an app that requires an active internet connection to work? Why would I launch my twitter app if I don't intend to tweet or read the latest tweets from my friends? If I wanted to read old tweets, I wouldn't even bother using the twitter app, since I can read them from my events screen anyway.

IMHO, this isn't a bug. It's more of a subjective inconvenience.

The Following User Says Thank You to lifeintheblitz For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
No, it's not subjective at all. If I happen to accidentally open Twitter while not connected (or if I lose the signal) i have to reboot the phone. The time between prompts is not enough to close the offending app. (well, after a lot of practice I can do it but that's not the point)

Even if it weren't so, when I choose cancel it means cancel. Why prompt me again? Maybe I just want to read a cached tweet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Go to settings, internet connections. There you will find automatic and manual connections listed. Most likely, your cellular connection is under manual connections. Click on it and toggle the switch to connect automatically.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Oh yeah... Never had this problem when in my home country, but now I remember seeing this once when in Germany when I had disabled automatic internet connections. I accidentally opened twitter from the feeds screen and got a continuous loop asking me if I wanted to allow internet connections. I kept hitting no, but it kept asking the same question.

Quickly shutting everything from the multitasking screen stopped the loop. Annoying as hell.

Never happened with automatic connections enabled.

Edit: Just tested this. Easily reproduced. Happens every time. Is this in PR1.2, too?

Edit2: You can get out of the loop by answering "yes" (prompt opens, doesn't connect to anything yet) and then closing everything. No need to reboot the device.

Last edited by slarti; 2012-02-24 at 09:45.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slarti For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by slarti View Post
Oh yeah... Never had this problem when in my home country, but now I remember seeing this once when in Germany when I had disabled automatic internet connections. I accidentally opened twitter from the feeds screen and got a continuous loop asking me if I wanted to allow internet connections. I kept hitting no, but it kept asking the same question.

Quickly shutting everything from the multitasking screen stopped the loop. Annoying as hell.

Never happened with automatic connections enabled.

Edit: Just tested this. Easily reproduced. Happens every time. Is this in PR1.2, too?

Edit2: You can get out of the loop by answering "yes" (prompt opens, doesn't connect to anything yet) and then closing everything. No need to reboot the device.
So anyone confirmed if this is lodged?
If not I will do it...
Surely it's already known about & fixed by them?
It's so obvious & reproducible.

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Go to settings, internet connections. There you will find automatic and manual connections listed. Most likely, your cellular connection is under manual connections. Click on it and toggle the switch to connect automatically.
I was actually talking about the wifi connection.

As qwazix pointed out this is not a "subjective annoyance". Popups shouldn't be that invasive and create such an infinite loop.

Originally Posted by TCK View Post
I was actually talking about the wifi connection.

As qwazix pointed out this is not a "subjective annoyance". Popups shouldn't be that invasive and create such an infinite loop.
Wi-fi or 3G connection, the problem is the same. The nagging pop-ups occur when there is no data connection. If you have either wi-fi or 3G it won't nag.

I only have this problem with Sportstracker. When I have no data connection it nags continuously for a connection no matter how many times you cancel the pop-up. Maybe the app has something to do with it as well.