Active Topics

Hi,

I could easily change the labels/fields in contacts in earlier Nokia devices but cannot in N900.

For example: If i wanted to change "Mobile (home)" to "Mobile (New York)" for a contact, i could easily do that in earlier Nokia phones. I tried in N900 but can't seem to do that!

Originally Posted by rishigupta View Post
Hi,

I could easily change the labels/fields in contacts in earlier Nokia devices but cannot in N900.

For example: If i wanted to change "Mobile (home)" to "Mobile (New York)" for a contact, i could easily do that in earlier Nokia phones. I tried in N900 but can't seem to do that!
not possible. This is a major annoyance with the device. I have alot of friends and family who live abroad and when they come to the UK I like to save their UK number as Mobile UK. Or for my niece who has a blackberry and another phone I used to save her numbers as mobile and blackberry.

Unfortunately I doubt this is going to be changed by Nokia and my understanding is the phone application is closed so don't think it can be fixed by the community.

It is not just an issue with the N900 though. N97 has the same issue and so I suspect all the recent Nokia phones. Not sure why Nokia chose to take such a huge step backwards.

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
not possible. This is a major annoyance with the device. I have alot of friends and family who live abroad and when they come to the UK I like to save their UK number as Mobile UK. Or for my niece who has a blackberry and another phone I used to save her numbers as mobile and blackberry.

Unfortunately I doubt this is going to be changed by Nokia and my understanding is the phone application is closed so don't think it can be fixed by the community.

It is not just an issue with the N900 though. N97 has the same issue and so I suspect all the recent Nokia phones. Not sure why Nokia chose to take such a huge step backwards.
Absolutely agree with you! It is a huge step backward...
I was very disappointed...!

Can we add this feature to our list of improvements which we have in our maemo.org website?