Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I will buy one. Don't ask me why, but I will buy one.

I have to have one so I can tell everyone how bad/great it is, Without it, you know nothing

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

NoDo came out in March 2011, some 6 months after initial release.
I was writing about the time before WP7 came out and how much time
MS had to put Copy/Paste onto WP7 initially.
Months?
Years?

If N900 was able to have Copy/Paste why was it such a problem for MS and WP7 initially? ;-)

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by PMaff View Post
I was writing about the time before WP7 came out and how much time
MS had to put Copy/Paste onto WP7 initially.
Months?
Years?
Huh? It was 6 months. WP7 hasn't been out for years. Just celebrated their first year of release this month in Europe, it'll be a couple of more weeks before they celebrate a year in the US market.

So to make it clear; WP7 took six months from release to obtain copy/paste. It took Apple almost 2 years.

If N900 was able to have Copy/Paste why was it such a problem for MS and WP7 initially? ;-)
You keep bringing up the N900. I keep bringing up the N9. The Nokia N9 has partial copy/paste. N900 had full copy and paste, as did the N810, N800 and 770. But to see the N9 without it, that's rather surprising.

So why was the N900 able to have copy/paste and why is such a problem for Nokia to have that functionality initially?

See what I did there?

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
So to make it clear; WP7 took six months from release to obtain copy/paste. It took Apple almost 2 years.

You keep bringing up the N900. I keep bringing up the N9. The Nokia N9 has partial copy/paste. N900 had full copy and paste, as did the N810, N800 and 770. But to see the N9 without it, that's rather surprising.

So why was the N900 able to have copy/paste and why is such a problem for Nokia to have that functionality initially?

See what I did there?
IIRC, WP6 and earlier had copy-paste so nokia is just following in m$ footsteps there too.

But it seems to be very common nowadays to drop functions and call it "development"

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ International
What other choice is there? I don't like iOS or Android and next best alternative - webOS - is practically no more...as for the N9...i am tempted but for that price? If harmattan was going to be a keeper, then yes, i would have been irritating gerbick for one by now.
I got myself a low priced HTC HD7, the UI is fantastic, it is easy to use, to operate and i wish that that is how maemo could have looked liked or operated on my N900. It is a phone, the call quality for me here in the central caribean to europe is crystal clear. A lot better than the N900.
However...while I am not a power user or a dev or even on par with most users on this forum, i will say one thing, there is something lacking on this phone/OS. It does not have that same bite or character or personality that my N900 has. In fact, the apps and to a certain extent, the OS, save it. The quality and types of apps that I have found in the WP7 Marketplace almost complete the whole experience. But remember, this cannot be compared to the N900 as such as they are two different devices with similar functions, eg telephony functions
But, this phone is only temporary...I want the mystical Nokia Ace...WP7 has become the OS of choice for webOS refugees and i have encountered a lot fo maemo refugees on the WP7 forums as well. That says a lot for WP7. If you like to think that you have an opinion, no matter how elitist or OS snobby, don't knock it until you have tried it as a phone, not as a super mini computer. Then there is no comparison.
My Favourite posts!
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=539
http://forums.precentral.net/2674180-post149.html
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=500
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=63720