Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Would this help? It seems to be some kind of mysterious 'i2c-to-hdmi device'.

Anyway, this thread appears to be a brainstorm session and the worst thing to do in a brainstorm session is to discard ideas halfway!

Thanks, jalyst. Let's see what we get out of the poll.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
looks nice, but kamara is not needit, than better to take more battery.

Maybe a seccond (AMOLED) Display for only LPS Informations (Clock, Call, Message).... of course... black Backcover

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
Thanks, jalyst. Let's see what we get out of the poll.
The editors there seem to have their wires crossed, the poll is asking the uninformed masses to vote on what they "like" most.
They will likely end-up with some of the finalists being OH's that aren't doable, & some non-finalists that are doable.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-10-08 at 10:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
They will likely end-up with some of the finalists being OH's that aren't doable
I am dead certain when you ask general Joe Public something like that the answer sure as hell will be something that bears no close relationship with reality whatsoever.

Am I bloody pessimist today but I know for a fact that 6-sigma worth of people are dumb clueless idiots when it comes to any technology more complicated than a barn door hinge.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
and then? the poll ends, then the OHs magically appear?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
This one should be easy to do; Other Half with an attachment for Sony DSC-QX series camera, with dedicated shutter button. I don't have one of these cameras, but hopefully they allow other apps to access it. Possibly a cutout to allow built-in flash and camera to show through. Timing the built-in flash may be next to impossible, but it could allow 3D images using both cameras.
How do you transmit the picture between the other half to the Display in realtime?

I think people expect to much from the I2C bus...

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
How do you transmit the picture between the other half to the Display in realtime?

If you look up the behavior of that device it uses Wifi to connect to the display and it works with any Android or IOS device. Not everything has to use I2C for Other Half connectivity.

3rd party device makers might like it if they can get things like this mobile payment system (Loop) integrated into an "other half" instead of looking like a bulky case. Why not have a case to house your "other halves" and change them like you change your shoes in the morning? One device--many different looks--maybe a new way of looking at things.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kingstu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
Would this help? It seems to be some kind of mysterious 'i2c-to-hdmi device'.

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2gsew5s.jpg

Anyway, this thread appears to be a brainstorm session and the worst thing to do in a brainstorm session is to discard ideas halfway!
This is a HDMI<->"LCD" converter, for e.g video beamers and DVD-players. The I2C is only the control bus, not the video data.

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
The device presents itself as a WiFi access point. There is a JSON based API that returns the images as URLs, and the camera has its own storage. The images dont move across the i2c bus. Their android/ios app seems to show a viewfinder, so it looks like it can be near realtime

Last edited by jflatt; 2013-10-08 at 23:52.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post:

Tags
half-assed?, irfmtransceiver, jolla, the other half, voting for nemo