count me in fake, I'm in italy and will add a couple of bucks for shipping
will add another five if you paint or plastic it for not to look "strange" on a business desk!

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Nice; I'm considering of getting two.

Do you plan in providing them also in black? I would prefer that if possible.

Originally Posted by fake View Post
I'll see what eBay fees would be like and give it a try. Thanks for the idea.

Matte is a little tough. Black acrylic is possible -- I'll have to see how much it costs, it might make the price go up a bit. As you can see in the video, the two pieces force-fit together, that's not possible with acrylic, as it will break. I'd have to rethink it a bit... maybe for version two.

It's also possible to just spraypaint or marker this one black.
Yes i was just gonna say we could spray them any color, great idea, after watching the vid .. WOW i want one. very very well done, looks neat and tidy.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
btw. Making kickstand and case in to same package would be also quite nice.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Fargo, North Dakota, USA
Let me see if I can find some way to make them very cheaply in black. I could paint these ones black; that might work well enough. I'll do a test this afternoon.

Otherwise, I have to use black plastic, which is also doable, but it will raise the price a bit. I'm really trying to keep these as cheap as possible, but if the demand were there, I could definitely do plastic.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
btw. Making kickstand and case in to same package would be also quite nice.
Sorry, I don't quite understand, can you explain a bit more? Do you mean making an N900 case with an integrated kickstand?

two more for the UK please. Happy to consoldate the order as previously mentioned.

Originally Posted by gfdsa View Post
count me in fake, I'm in italy and will add a couple of bucks for shipping
will add another five if you paint or plastic it for not to look "strange" on a business desk!
I tried spraypainting one black, it looks awesome. I am going to spend some time tonight trying to figure out if I can paint them really fast (and so, keep things cheap).

I'm also going to try to paint a non-slip coating on the bottom for added stability. Then these things would really rock.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fake For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by fake View Post
I tried spraypainting one black, it looks awesome. I am going to spend some time tonight trying to figure out if I can paint them really fast (and so, keep things cheap).

I'm also going to try to paint a non-slip coating on the bottom for added stability. Then these things would really rock.
How about a Flame job?

Candy Ghost Flames?

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
another 2 in black for the UK please!
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Tags
accessory, acrylic, awesome!, complex pricing structure, holder, inexpensive, n900, n900 stand, stand, stay in school!!!, wood