Notices

Closed Thread
Hi Scorpius. My Yappari client was closed strangely by itself while waiting for a connection. Here's what I see when running via terminal.

Code:
Network connection changed: Offline 
Connection closed. 
Stopping timers. 
Freeing up the connection. 
Freeing up the socket. 
Waiting for a connection. 
/usr/share/applications/hildon $
In network preferences, search interval is set to none, and connect to is set to always ask.

The Following User Says Thank You to ChadiM For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Scorpious,
Another suggestion regarding notifications. Sometimes while chatting, if my physical keyboard is out but i have not typed for a while, the screen times out to save power. At that time if i get a reply from the person am talking to (his/her chat is maximized and in the front) I do not get a notification.
It is problematic because one needs to keep checking if we got the reply or not. Ofcourse the obvious work around is to minimize the window when not typing, but adding a notification here would be more suited.

Is it possible to add that? Thanks

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by aman18narang View Post
Scorpious,
Another suggestion regarding notifications. Sometimes while chatting, if my physical keyboard is out but i have not typed for a while, the screen times out to save power. At that time if i get a reply from the person am talking to (his/her chat is maximized and in the front) I do not get a notification.
It is problematic because one needs to keep checking if we got the reply or not. Ofcourse the obvious work around is to minimize the window when not typing, but adding a notification here would be more suited.

Is it possible to add that? Thanks
Ok I have written down that. Let's see if it makes the next release.

Another workaround is that you lock your screen (with the slide button on the side), that way you'll always receive the notification even if your keyboard is out.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-06-18 at 15:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
it's awesome!
Hope to see you guys working on it.

..an contacts plugin to see who's online with whatsapp would be nice.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Scorpius,

A suggestion. In the group chat, ppl can add you in the group but you don`t have any control whether to accept it or not, or even if you wanna leave an existing group, I guess you can`t. What if someone randomly adds you to a group chat (where you don`t want to be) & you are bombarded with so many msgs?

Can you try & include this option in next update?

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Ok guys here's a quick fix for that nasty mixed up chat history bug. This also includes two features:

* Menu option "Delete All Messages" in chat window.
* Input field will grow as you type in a "Conversations window fashion".

Enjoy:

http://uppit.com/p7022a90xxfw/yappari_0.0.12_armel.deb

I'd say media-sharing would be on top of my list.
It's nice to see who's online/offline and have it sync all your contacts.
But the need to quickly share a picture or song is what makes WhatsApp so powerfull in my opinion.
Even if its too hard to render thumbnail previews inside the chatwindow basic sending/receiving of files would be nice

The Following User Says Thank You to MastaG For This Useful Post:
thanks bra

I think media sharing could be a top priority in the list, and it would also be wonderful if u could put in an option of initiating a connection, because sometimes network signal might be weak and you won't know whether it's still connected or not. one last thing... is there a way of filtering contacts so as to see only those you can chat with?

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Nice, you guys want to help him code & implementing, because you are prioritizing according to your own personal list?

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Good work mate. Thank you.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp